windows store in 8.1

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by OSMAN, May 7, 2014.

1. OSMAN

OSMAN MDL Addicted

Oct 25, 2009
    I click on the windows store icon and it loads up, just sits there and keeps on loading, help

2. Snuffy

Snuffy MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    might be more than 1 thing,
    1. turn on UAC - reboot
    2. run SFC /scannow
    3. turn off your AV and FW suite...
    4. get the latest updates...

3. OSMAN

OSMAN MDL Addicted

Oct 25, 2009
    did all of these still not working :(

4. bluediamond

bluediamond MDL Novice

Dec 5, 2013
    #4 bluediamond, May 8, 2014
    Last edited: May 8, 2014
    1. You can just run the following command to clear the icon cache :

ie4uinit.exe -ClearIconCache

2. Or type WSReset in search and run:

WSReset.exe as admin

3.Open PowerShell as admin, and run the following commands:

net stop wuauserv
    net start wuauserv

5. my2cents

my2cents Guest

You can try to clear your Store cache to see if that helps:

Press the Windows+R keys on your keyboard to open the Run dialog.

Type WSReset.exe, and click/tap on OK.

You should get a notification the cache was cleared. Test again.

6. Snuffy

Snuffy MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    No KMS has nothing to do with it... I use KMS on all my TESTS and Store works perfect for me..

7. jmmen

jmmen MDL Novice

Jan 6, 2010
    Congratz to you.For the first time, I refreshed Win, WinStore works for a couple of days, then, didnt work at all, next, I did a clean install (even partition delete, etc...), once again, WinStore works for a couple of days, after those days, didnt work at all, the same issue, I click on a app, goes to intro screen of the app, stay a couple of seconds there, then moves to desktop, but intro screen still active, has to shut it down.
    Really dont know what else can I do, and to make it worst, I like Win8.

8. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    run the following in a Command Window to re-register the Store app:
    powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

9. jmmen

jmmen MDL Novice

Jan 6, 2010
    Thks PaulDesmond for your response, but I has done that several times, with no positive results, you can check the link I posted above, to see the procedures I has done, with no success, I has even gone further, as replacing the WinStore carpet with one from another pc, and check the AppxManifest.xml to see is there are difference, but are identical. The only difference in result, from my own WinStore folder from the other one, is that in my own, all Apps seems to get updated, except the wheather one, and when replace WinStore carpet with the other pc, all Apps has no info, only the down arrow which i think means download info, but the weather one, has the right info, but at the end, none are operational.

10. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    delete all apps which don't run after the re-register and install them newly off store

11. jmmen

jmmen MDL Novice

Jan 6, 2010
    My friend, the Windows Store App doesn´t work either, so, if unnistall all problematics app, it means I won´t have from where to install new apps.
    Thks for your patience, hope there is a solution, just waiting to been found.

12. jmmen

jmmen MDL Novice

Jan 6, 2010
    What could happen if I try to change ownership of "AppModel\Repository\Packages" to "user" instead of "System"?

13. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    Why would you want to?

14. jmmen

jmmen MDL Novice

Jan 6, 2010
    I has tried everything found on the internet, and none has solve my issue with Windows Store, just wondering as other options, maybe one is viable.

15. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    Hmm... as a rule, you should never takeown/icacls from the system file permissions unless deleting certain system files that you know are safe to delete.
    In integration we sometimes use the takeown to delete certain files or an entire applied image, but it's never useful for fixing something that is broken.
    If you want to fix something, you should try searching for a Microsoft fixit file appropriate to your issue.

16. jmmen

jmmen MDL Novice

Jan 6, 2010
    Rgr that murphy78, besides, it seems like everything goes around a corrupt Windows Store caches, and hasn´t found a way to replace them with fresh ones, except been Refresh or Restore by Windows install, with subsequent reinstall of all programs again. For now, just reinstall Win8.1 not long ago, so, will lives with that prob for a while, and let´s see if in the near future a solution arise, or reinstall clean, once again.

17. bluediamond

bluediamond MDL Novice

Dec 5, 2013
    #19 bluediamond, May 23, 2014
    Last edited: May 23, 2014
    Just Refresh the unit, and reinstall needed apps. Its one of the only things i like about Win8 and 8.1 the option to Refresh to factory without losing DATA.

18. jmmen

jmmen MDL Novice

Jan 6, 2010
    "Slide Loading App"?, don´t get it. And about net speed (I guess you are talking about), quite sure it isn´t the problem, because I used WinStore without a glitch with Win8, as soon as updated to Win8.1, problems began.
    What I'm guilty, is that never made a restoration point as soon as finished installing big updates or Win8.1 clean install. In the near future, will do a Refresh, and as soon as finished the operation, would make a restoration point.