Windows stuck at blue loading screen before login screen

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by JonL23, Jun 10, 2019.

1. JonL23

JonL23 MDL Novice

Jan 18, 2016
  2. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Sounds to me like a culprit driver on the OS is there any way for you to get startup options to load windows in safe mode ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Or that indeed maybe install windows to another intern disk if you have one is also an option

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    what kind of machine is it..make sure is not a HW limitation issue ...if everything else fails....try to clean install it.

5. JonL23

JonL23 MDL Novice

Jan 18, 2016
    Everything is good now, i hope. So I believe May Update was the issue. I was able to get into the Windows RE or PE environment and was able to use the command prompt i tried a number of things including chkdsk which took awhile and nothing worked. Went to bed late but i woke up early this morning with an idea and it worked. I was able use the CMD prompt and get to the C:/Program files/Winrar and run winrar.exe which i then was able to extract an ISO into a folder and i ran the setup.exe and it reinstalled windows.( i didn't have a USB with windows or a disc or another pc to make one) That install worked some what my monitor flickered a few times also 1903 was having issues switching to dark mode ( the start menu didn'r work the OS didn't fully all switch to dark theme and the search bar disappered) So i downloaded a 1809 ISO wiped the HDD and installed that and now everything is back to normal. :D

My PC no longer reboots at random (so far) i can now transfer files from my phone to my pc over wifi, yes strangely this would reset my pc, it happened 6 times when trying to transfer files. Sometimes when downloading files at my max speed it would reboot. No longer does that.

I have a Dell Inspiron 5675 so if you or anyone you know has one i'd tell them to stay away from May update, atleast for now. Cheers