Windows tablet help needed

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by JBenal, Aug 29, 2014.

1. JBenal

JBenal MDL Addicted

Nov 2, 2009
    I got a Dell Venue 8 (Win 8.1) and I'm having a problem with a couple programs when I try to use it as a book reader. Specifically, in Foxit Reader, or Calibre, when you go into full screen mode, how the heck do you get out of it??? Using those programs on a PC you simply press ESC. This tablet only has a Windows button, which, if pressed, takes you back to the Windows desktop. But if you click on the Foxit or Calibre icon in the taskbar it will open them up in full screen mode - again, no way to go back to "normal" mode.

The reason I'm trying to use these - especially Calibre - instead of the built in Windows apps - is that they have more options, i.e., font size.

o_O

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. JBenal

JBenal MDL Addicted

Nov 2, 2009
    Update: Just figured out that in Calibre if you touch the screen with two fingers you get the right mouse menu. From there you can toggle full screen mode. Not so in Foxit or the PDF Modern UI app.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. JBenal

JBenal MDL Addicted

Nov 2, 2009
    Anyone else have a Windows tablet and what do you use for reading e-books and pdfs?

4. Mike.Chance

Mike.Chance MDL Novice

Sep 29, 2013
    Hi, I use Bookvisor.

5. JBenal

JBenal MDL Addicted

Nov 2, 2009
    Thanks. I'll check it out.

6. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    when opening any pdf file with my Surface2pro it goes to full size mode and I can select any page of these sites by simply wiping from one edge. When I try to close the build in pdf reader, I simply wipe down from top end of tablet and wait until program flips and everything is closed