"Windows To Go" from Windows 8 Pro

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Wonder Woman, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman MDL Member

Jun 5, 2007
    Has anyone been able to successfully create "Windows To Go" from Windows 8 Pro and testing it to make sure it works? I have read on other forums that during the creation process, it will ask you for Windows 8 Enterprise installation files.

2. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    Honestly, I would use an enterprise just from the beginning to make a WTG and no other version which is not designed for

3. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  4. win_seven

win_seven MDL Member

Aug 26, 2009
    if you want to create a win to go with windows 8 pro,you must first take pwcreator.exe program on an enterprise version to put in the same tree in win 8 Pro
    you can then generate a windows to go. But you must have the iso image of the enterprise version while creating the system on usb

5. moderate

moderate MDL Guru

Aug 31, 2009
    also you need pwcreator's MUI file to make it run...

6. Azuruw

Azuruw MDL Novice

Nov 3, 2012
    well, I don't see the problem to do a Windows To Go from Windows 8 PRO, with the RETAIL version, just apply imagex and apply the boot code to the device (in my case an external HDD USB 2.0) and it was all ready to go, boot, detect devices, complete registration and ready to use, and is actually pretty fast (especially because is USB 2.0 and some task it actually are faster than in windows 7 in my laptop (haven't installed it yet on the laptop), the only thing its that Windows Store is not avaible in windows to go, so you can't update things like xbox music, but the whole Windows To Go works, with an exclamation message when by accident your usb cable unplug from the usb port