Windows Update & NoPE release

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Dont stop me now, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Dont stop me now

Dont stop me now MDL Novice

Jan 9, 2009
    I've had the NoPE release for years working perfectly. I recently had to change my motherboard and decided to reinstall Vista from scratch.

I remember that at one time I disabled one of the updates to prevent locking Vista, but I can't remember which one it was.

Does anyone know which is the update that I have to disable so that the NoPE release continues to work?

Thanks!

2. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Nope...If you changed your motherboard, why not get the bios fixed??

Just asking, As I understand it, there is more than one update you need to avoid..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Dont stop me now

Jan 9, 2009
    I'm not quite sure as to what "getting the BIOS fixed" means.

Right now I'm running a fresh copy of NoPE's vista and everything is running fine. I still haven't updated Windows, which is why I know which updates to avoid.

4. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    #4 911medic, Jan 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Dont stop me now

Jan 9, 2009
    Looks interesting, but too complicated.

I've run the NoPE release since the day it came out and the only think I disabled was one update. I *think* it is KB940510, but I'm not sure.

I was able to get all the way to SP1 without any trouble, which is what I want to do now.