Windows Update

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ruban George, Dec 4, 2009.

1. ruban George

ruban George MDL Novice

Jul 15, 2009
    Hi Computer Geeks

i would like to learn about windows Update . i mean the backend process . So please add your info about Windows Update .

thanks

2. snork12

snork12 MDL Novice

Dec 4, 2009
    If you are talking about how to provide windows updates at a company site to deploy patches to your workforce PCs, then you need to check out WSUS (Windows Server Update Services). If you search for it you will find tons of info on how to set it up.

3. JBenal

JBenal MDL Addicted

Nov 2, 2009
    I'm surprised I've never heard of anyone spoofing the Windows Update process to send out malware disguised as real updates. Has this ever been done?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Yes it has been done few years back millions of machines were infected.

5. gentoo

gentoo MDL Senior Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Please provide more info on this as I have never heard of it. The only one I know of in the past was an email posing as a windows update that contained Swen or Gibe. I have never seen one that actually made it on the windows update service.

6. GurliGebis

GurliGebis MDL Member

Mar 3, 2008
    The updates from Microsoft Update (and Windows Update) are all digitally signed, and from what I know, the client verifies the signature before it tries to install the updates.