Windows Update??

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ross620, Dec 24, 2011.

1. ross620

ross620 MDL Novice

Dec 24, 2011
    #1 ross620, Dec 24, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
    Hey guys,

Im new to the actual forums, but im guilty of being a leacher and using your loader for quite some time. Ive installed it on like 3 systems, this being my 3rd. Ive never really had a problem with it but this time i think it might be cause im not OEM??

I built the box custom so all the parts and stuff is from new egg no brand on the computer.. I used the loader to put on Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.

I tried to do windows Update, and it says

Most Recent updates: Never
    Checked for updates: never

I try to press the button "Check for Updates" , but it doesnt do anything... So i cant do any updates to this Windows, and i think i really need to cause lately whenever im on WOW i dc liek every 10 min for a few sec and go back up.

Anyone give me some guidance on fixing this Windows Update problem/ my net dcing? I dont think its an ISP issue cause none of my other boxes have any problems.

Thanks in advance

FIXED THE NET DC ISSUE I THINK .. JUST THE WINDOWS UPDATE PROBLEM NOW. HELP PLEASE!!

2. ross620

ross620 MDL Novice

Dec 24, 2011
    thank you for the reply.. atleast someone has a heart out there in the christmas season........

so i ran that program and then reinstalled the loader, and now when i press check for updates this is the error im getting..

"Windows update may not currently check for updates because the service is not running. You many need to restart your computer."

I obviously tried rebooting a few times but no luck... can anyone assist me?\

Thanks in advance,

PS. Merry Christmas Eve

3. ross620

ross620 MDL Novice

Dec 24, 2011
    I should probally also add when i first booted up the system for a first time and ran it i got some message saying that i might be using a hijacked version or something... but after restarting my windows became geniune.

4. ross620

ross620 MDL Novice

Dec 24, 2011
    turns out i went into the windows file and deleted the software distribution folder. the EDB logs.. rebooted, and now windows update is working :)