Windows Vista Activation Tool Kit 1.6

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Alphawaves, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Alphawaves

Alphawaves Super Moderator/Developer
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2008
    #1 Alphawaves, Jun 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  2. YIN

YIN MDL Member

May 31, 2009
    a link to this proggy from mediafire or megaload will be very nice

3. prescott

prescott MDL Junior Member

Feb 17, 2008
    #3 prescott, Jun 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  4. YIN

YIN MDL Member

May 31, 2009
    thank you precott

5. clone

clone MDL Novice

Jun 9, 2009
    #5 clone, Jun 9, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2009
    I've use vistaloader v.4.0 and v.4.1 to activate with no oem info for sp2. Should this be any better? :confused:

What does "sai" mean in "download vista sp2 32bit sai" ? :confused:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    If yours is still working leave it as is.

7. clone

clone MDL Novice

Jun 9, 2009
    thx, i'm just always curious about learning something else ... :p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    I checked the tool out on an install. The bios had a slic, and no serial was used during install.

I installed the cert and serial with the tool. No activator or loader or other hack/crack. The tool installed the cert and serial as if I had done it manually..very nicely done.:D

I am not a fan of the vistaloaders, but the tool does a nice job if you have a modded bios, or factory SLIC bios.

Install oem product key, then activate with oem slic settings. I also like the everest touch...NICE!!! :D:D

9. clone

clone MDL Novice

Jun 9, 2009
    Thx for the info. I have' nt done anything that involves bios modding yet.

For one as i'm new into this stuff, i'm afraid to mess up my bios.

The other thing is i copy my system with image bakups to another pc and it has worked with vistaloader 4, 4.1. Would that work with what you're describing as well, and how :confused:

10. erab610

erab610 MDL Novice

Jun 11, 2009
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but this tool plus a modded bios (or a factory slic bios) is essentially an alternative to Vista Loader?

So... if Vista Loader won't work for you (which I've come to find is the case with my gigabyte e7aum board) this is "part 2" of the hardmod method?

11. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    I see the Vista loader as an alternative to slic bios, as slic bos/cert/serial is the proper way to activate the Vista monster...

The tool will add the slic and serial as if you did it manually with slmgr.vbs. It also contains a vista loader, if you want to go that route. You cant use both at the same time. Just a little less work, as it contains all certificates to install. If installing the cert and serial is "Part two", then you are correct.

If you do not want to flash your bios, or do not understand the procedure, the VL is simple. The modded bios does not need a VL and a VL should not be used with slic bios.

This tool has the ability to add the slic certificate and serial for your OEM of choice if you have a slic bios. You would NOT use the Vista Loader in this instance.

If you do not have a slic in your bios, per the previous examples, then the vistaloader is for you, but you will reactivate often..more than likely.

Some machines cannot be modded (i.e. DELL, new HP, and UEFI bios)..These require Factory slic or VL.

12. erab610

erab610 MDL Novice

Jun 11, 2009
    Thanks for your help...

I do not have an slic in my bios (Gigabyte e7aum-dsh2) and I've been having horrible luck with Vista Loader. Am I correct in assuming that a hardmod slic bios is my only option with this board? That seems to be what i've come to find in my research.

If that's the case, then I should just uninstall my softmods, flash the bios, and then use this tool for the cert + serial?

As an educational aside (my apologies if this isn't the place for it), why do some machines/boards not work with Vista Loader? Isn't vista loader just a "spoof" for a hardmod bios flash? I don't see the difference between the two, aside from one being more "permanent".

13. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    #13 911medic, Jun 12, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2009
  14. erab610

erab610 MDL Novice

Jun 11, 2009
    At the moment, Everest doesn't show a slic table for my ACPI. But, I get the impression that I can flash with a modified bios which will have an slic table. At that point, this tool can install the cert + serial that will work with the slic in the modded bios.

Is that impression not correct? From what I've been reading, that seems to be the only way to get it to work with my board... and that no version of Vista Loader will work.

15. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Yep..Take your pick. The gigabyte do not have slic from factory, we have to add it...

16. erab610

erab610 MDL Novice

Jun 11, 2009
    Great, thanks. I'll try one of the modded bios here with the cert + serial from this tool and see if it does the trick.

Thanks for your help.

I assume that the "remove crack" portion of this tool will be adequate for cleaning my system of any vista cracks or loaders? no re-format and/or vista re-install necessary?

17. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Lets hope..VOATKtools is also good. I dont know if the tool may already use this..ORBIT says you dont need to reinstall after VL. You may need to if you use another time stopper or crack..

After you flash the bios..see attached..

Attached Files:

18. erab610

erab610 MDL Novice

Jun 11, 2009
    Is a reformat and an install of an uncracked windows the only sure method? I'm not opposed to "cleaning" my system that way... this is a pretty fresh install of vista and I don't mind starting over.

19. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    It is your choice. I always think a fresh install is the best, especially when trying new stuff. It is easier to troubleshoot. It is too easy to just say th bootloader was at fault...I have been guilty of this before. :D:D

20. clone

clone MDL Novice

Jun 9, 2009
    No... Vista Loader 4.0 and 4.1 has worked for me on asus p5qc, which has otherwise proved to be a terrible mobo and i'll change it, and an older msi 945p, which also worked well with vista loaders.

I'm just sort of amazed and puzzled, that this tool kit 1.6 has so many different options in contrast with the aforementioned vistaloaders.