windows vista language help!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by vinyl, May 3, 2008.

1. vinyl

vinyl MDL Novice

May 3, 2008
    hallo everyone im new here and hope u can help here is my problem
    -----
    i have bought laptop y-day and it has russian version of vista.. i need ti change display Langauge i need english display and not russian..can u please help?

2. reginakampher

reginakampher MDL Addicted

Apr 5, 2008
    If you have Vista Ultimate or Enterprise, you can download the MUI language pack of your choice via Windows update. If you have any other flavor of Vista, you would need to reinstall Vista with an English version. I do not know how much work you want to put into this but these are your options as far I know (keep in mind that there may be other options I don't know about).

1. Reinstall Vista with an English version (it is not hard to find an English version of Vista on the internet). This route requires manually installing drivers and transferring the digital certificate.

2. Use vlite to insert an English language pack into your Russian OEM Vista DVD. I have not personally used this software but I know it can be done. Vlite will take your Russian OEM Vista DVD, disassemble it, add the English language pack (you have to provide the language pack which is equally easy to find on the internet), reassemble it, then it will burn a new Russian OEM Vista DVD. Then reinstall Vista with your newly created DVD and during installation, it SHOULD give you an option to install the English language.

3. I read somewhere about Microsoft language interface pack (LIP) you can download for free from microsoft that can change the display language of Vista. I don't much about this, so do some research.

3. vinyl

vinyl MDL Novice

May 3, 2008
    hey thx for ur help..i have vista home basic x32 and it's russian licensed
    ------
    i ahve sum question..i don have dvd ..when i bougt a laptop..it didn't came wid it :9..so what shud i do?
    ----
    they said u don need dvd..it has in laptop itself..and u can burn from laptop to dvd if u wanna backup..can any1 tell me..where i can find it? :(

4. RomanS

RomanS MDL Novice

Apr 15, 2008
    Claim your rights

Hi vinyl,

if you have bought your computer with the installed Vista Home Basic from an official seller, you should refer to a corresponding treaty between you and the seller, according to which you are to be handed the OS DVD + sealed license key.

In any way, come up to the place where you purchased your PC and say you need the Vista DVD - because sooner or later you will need to reinstall your Vista, just as all people reinstall their systems once in a while.

So, claim your rights, get the Vista DVD - sooner or later you will need it, I guarantee you.

Vista Home Basic licensed is not that bad : there's coming up Microsoft Digital Plus ! for Vista, which can add Aero and other goodies to your system.

Hey, vinyl, why did you get Russian Vista ? Do you speak Russian then ?

- Roman.

5. reginakampher

reginakampher MDL Addicted

Apr 5, 2008
    I believe if you read your user's manual, it gives you directions as to how to make a buckup DVD. My HP laptop was the same way. There might be shortcut on your desktop or somewhere in your start menu and when you click on it, it guides you through the process of making a backup DVD. Also, keep in mind that it may be one time deal meaning that once you make this backup DVD, you will not get a another opportunity to make another one. So, make sure you do it right the first time and I would suggest you make a backup of that backup DVD with other DVD copying software. It's kind of redundant but it's better to be safe than to be sorry.

Since your ultimate mission is to have an English interface, the backup of your Russian Vista home basic DVD would serve no purpose in pursuing this route. I highly recommend you make this backup regardless. Make this backup DVD and then we can continue with your mission if you are still interested. If you decide not to make this backup DVD and wish to continue with this mission, we still can but you've been warned.

6. Maher

Maher MDL Junior Member

May 7, 2008
    I've faced the same problem because I am in Russia right now!

They don't give you a DVD when you buy a laptop, see the instructions on how to make backup. Or click Alt+F10 when the computer starts to run Windows Vista Setup from the begenning as setup files are stored on a hidden partition on your hard disk (usually 10GB).

But the problem is if you install an English version of Vista and try to use your key you will get a hell of a problem which I couldn't solve!! Once you enter your key you will get that dirty blue screen and windows will restart and never run again! I tried to resolve the problem 10 times and it didn't work, so I installed and english version of Vista Ultimate and used a crack..

Now I found that there's a new solution with Vista MUI Tools, you can keep your valid russian installation and installing english mui on it.. didn't try yet, but going to I guess..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...