Windows Vista Ultimate activation >>ultimate FAiL!!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by buccelli, Sep 11, 2009.

1. buccelli

buccelli MDL Novice

Sep 11, 2009
    #1 buccelli, Sep 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  2. FuzzyMaster

FuzzyMaster MDL Member

Jun 21, 2007
    #2 FuzzyMaster, Sep 12, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2009
    First off, you posted in the Vista forum, but your title refers to Windows 7. Which is it?

You mention that you downloaded from MSDN....but downloaded what: Vista or W7?

Third, what do you mean "I took control of slmgr ...."; slmgr.vbs is a script that you run to install the cert & key. There is nothing to take control of! It is built-in to the loaders so why are your running it manually?

Fourth, when you install multiple loaders you are guaranteed to have a screwed-up install of W7 and possibly Vista as well if you have a mutiple OS install. In order to use loaders, when one isn't successful you need to completely remove it (not just using its de-install routine). Most people recommend a complete re-install of W7 to ensure you have a clean start.

Finally, in a multi-boot or multi-OS scenario, like what you seem to have, I would suggest you use a modded BIOS rather a loader, you'll be a lot better off in the long run.

Considering how unclear your post is and how messed up your installs seem to be, I would suggest you spend some time doing some serious reading of the stickys and tutorials on this forum so you actually understand what you are trying to accomplish. I don't want to sound rude, but this is not rocket science; it just seems like you are mixing methods because you don't really understand what you are doing. Pick a method, understand how it works, try one method at a time, and then ask for help with that method. You are likely to be much more successful that way.

3. buccelli

buccelli MDL Novice

Sep 11, 2009
  4. FuzzyMaster

FuzzyMaster MDL Member

Jun 21, 2007
    If you've got it all working and your happy with it, then great. You can just leave it that way.

But, just as an FYI, you should be aware that BIOS mods and loaders are two different methods of doing the same thing; loading a SLIC. BIOS mods do it in hardware, loaders do it through software.

You do not need a BIOS mod and a loader. Thats what I meant by mixing your methods. If you have a BIOS mod, you do not need a loader. If you use a loader, you do not need to mod your BIOS.

5. buccelli

buccelli MDL Novice

Sep 11, 2009
    <<<<<<enlightened. ooooooooo thats how it works thanks buddy take care!:)

6. SirSilentBob

SirSilentBob MDL Senior Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Did you get it working?

If you post a direct link to the mobo's latest firmware, me or others can try and mod your bios for you. Unless you got a loader working and want to stick with it....