Windows VPN

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by Dave101, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Dave101

Dave101 MDL Junior Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Hey there, I’ve done a lot of reading online however nothing I have tried has worked for me, here’s what I am trying to achieve:
    As soon as a domain user logs into a domain computer, a VPN connection is made.
    I have put out scripts over GPO to no avail, the VPN is a windows VPN and the credentials are the users login details so PPTP.
    Does anyone know of a PowerShell or other script that will make this happen as soon as the user logs in. (even better as soon as the user has internet connection)
    Looking forward to your response.

2. Dave101

Feb 27, 2014

I have found the problems
    and got a solution.

3. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Would be nice to share the solution. That can help others having the same problem and stumbling upon this :D.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Dave101

Feb 27, 2014
    Sure in the GPO you can change how long it takes for a script to kick in, doing this allowed the VPN connection to connect quicker allowing for other programs to operate as needed.

5. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Oh man, you really have no idea how to describe simplest thing....

The solution was GPO (some, unknown, why should I bother to state which one). Pathetic...

6. kelorgo

kelorgo MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2012
    Why are you criticising the guy? He had a problem, he described it. He found the solution himself (which is not true for the vast majority of people asking questions here on MDL). He gave a clear and short enough description of the solution, but with enough detail that someone else trying to do the same thing will hopefully be able to find the relevant GPO setting. Your recommendation is nowhere near as clear or helpful.