Windows wants to delete all files? Need help with KMSPico.

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by ghuirephvbp, Jun 30, 2016.

1. ghuirephvbp

ghuirephvbp MDL Novice

Apr 21, 2016
    So my brother had a windows message pop-up that says he needs to activate his windows 10 not that long ago even though it's only been about 3 months since he has this PC. No problem, I installed KMSPico again (don't know why it got uninstalled) and clicked activate.

Today, he restarted his PC because it was running slowly when trying to watch a video he just rendered. Windows gave a pop-up that told him "his PC would reset the next time he restarted'', though I don't know how much of this is true because he said it went away pretty quickly. Also his background changed back to the stock windows background. And I know for a fact that that is a side effect of not activating your windows but windows says in the control panel it's activated. Do I need to change some setting in KMSPico or something for it to work properly? Did I use the wrong version of windows (not sure which one I used exactly)?

Help is much appreciated!

2. ghuirephvbp

ghuirephvbp MDL Novice

Apr 21, 2016
    I did a tiny bit of research on that and found I could see if it is in the users folder and I did see the TEMP folder there. Why does windows 10 log into a temp user? Does it mean the user is corrupted or something?

3. tonto11

tonto11 MDL Addicted

Jun 18, 2012
    I think you've got a virus that wants to do bad things.
    ctrl-alt-del run task mgr and kill anything you don't recognize.
    then run malwarebytes anti malware to get rid of the bad stuff
    then run kmspico and see what it's doing.

...T

4. MrG

MrG MDL Expert

May 31, 2010
    Maybe backup his important files too... just in case

5. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    make sure that kmspico came from MDL....if not u need to remove it....also the new updated defender mite be reading it as a trojan.

6. ghuirephvbp

ghuirephvbp MDL Novice

Apr 21, 2016
    I downloaded KMSPico from MDL. The computer had a s**tton of virus at some point so we had to do a windows recovery, we did the reinstall windows but keep all files which also deletes all .exe files and since then I don't think my brother did anything that could have given him a virus. Is it possible for a virus to survive that windows "reinstall'?

7. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    the only way to know 100% is to do a clean install and wipe everything out.