windows works very slowly

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by MaveRick23, Aug 21, 2013.

1. MaveRick23

MaveRick23 MDL Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Hello friends,
    I have such trouble in one PC,

I installed clean installation on PC, i formated a C: drive and after installed Windows 7 ultimate 64bit on it, PC is with dual processor and 4 GB RAM, installation finished normally, i installed all manufacturer drivers on it, PC is new bought and i had own CD disks for installation of all drivers.
    But the problem is that PC works very slowly, when desktop appears it is thinking a long time, speed is not good.

what can be reason of it?

if anyone can please help me.

thanks in advanced.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    My first step would be to check what apps running with high use of resources using an advanced Task Manager like Whatsrunning or some like that. If that isn't a problem, I would use to check the HDD using a software like HDD Regenerator or DRevitalize for to scan the HDD and see there Soft Errors. If so, you may could repair them. DRevitalize also shows you the timing of slow sectors which HDD Regenerator didn't do.

Google for the Apps, both are available as Trial with limited function able to see what happen with your drive.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. WinDev

WinDev MDL Expert

Jul 6, 2013
  4. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    winkey+r and run "taskmgr"
    find which programs are hogging cpu/disk time. Uninstall them.

5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    That Windows Task Manager gives just a little infos while Whatsrunning gives you much more and also to directly check online about What/How/To Do and that could helps quite a bit if it's an software problem! I use Whatsrunning since version 1 and it helped me a lot!

6. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    ThereĀ“s also the much more sophisticated Ressource Monitor onboard :D.

7. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    #7 LatinMcG, Aug 21, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
    lol @ hddregen and drevit scam progs lol. HOW CAN U REGENERATE A PHYSICAL SECTOR ISSUE WITH A SOFT ???

i rather use freeware (if it could actualy fix a bad sector LOL.. ENLIGHTENED!)

8. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Which do you use in detail...:D.

9. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    I do believe that there's a huge differences between Payware and Scamware! Or did you mean that any software which cost's money is scam? Please enlighten me for to be able to understand! Thanks!

10. MaveRick23

MaveRick23 MDL Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Hello pisthai, i download both software and will try them after i will let you know results. thank you and all of you who supported me.

11. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    #11 LatinMcG, Aug 21, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
    yes please let us know how well the magic smoke hdd fixers work!
    ahh memories of spinrite magic hdd fixing! in reality they had a refferal prog for sale bonus so people (salesmen tech) "Swore by it" LOL

12. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Don't understand why you guy's come up every time with Spinrite, a very old apps, which were good at his time but today! Spinrite isn't able to really working on newer drives and for sure not with external USB Drives!! HDD Regenerator and DRevitalize are still under development and working with the newer drive generation well!

13. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    You're welcome!

I hope that your Hardware isn't in error. Anyway, that apps didn't do any harm to the Hardware but may can revert errors if some are found. It also may gives you and good view about the condition of your HDD's, special while using DRevitalize. If the slow sectors which need much more access time than 100ms I would suggest to save all data to an other storage media. After that download from HDDGURU the HDD Low Level Formatter, which is availavble as Free and Paid versions with only slightly limits for the free (max 50MB/s speed). Run it and do a Low Level format to that HDD with Delay Errors. Keep in mind, that using Low Level format, will distroy ALL data to NON-Recovery Stage (there will be not work any recovery software any more!!), get the HDD back to an real virgin stage. Than run the DRevitailze again and check those errors still there and if, forget that HDD!

Hope that gives you a bit more info about that figures!