Windows XP Embedded QFE Update (March 2010) #2

Discussion in 'Windows Embedded' started by un user, Jul 9, 2014.

1. un user

un user MDL Junior Member

Jun 16, 2013
  2. KNARZ

KNARZ MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2012
    don't search for it.
    it contains some "special" usbstore.sys (usbbstore.sys or usbstoreb.sys - don't remember anymore)

we tested this special one and had many unresolved problems with it. in conclusion we used the regular usbstore.sys (version 5.1.2600.5512 - WinXP SP3) and the system worked completely fine without any issues. we also escalated this problem to microsoft directly to the embedded team but they didn't answer the problem but wanted us to buy support-hours.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. un user

un user MDL Junior Member

Jun 16, 2013
    From your description i've think is usbstor.sys. This is version used for usb 2.0 boot.
    I only want to test because i'm xp embedded fan.

Anyway, what problems did you have ?

Thank you !

4. KNARZ

KNARZ MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2012
    #4 KNARZ, Jul 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
    yes you're right... usbstorb or usbbstor (without the e)
    the internal/original filename of the special boot version contains an additional b (aka boot) and will be renamed into usbstor.sys while building the image. (definied in the usb boot 2.0 component)

if you want to test it: download wes2009 trial... this one is nearly the latest.
    there where some updates but they didn't work any better. - if i remember right internal version of wes 2009 is something beginning 5.1 - after some updates it was 5.3

the main problem was power off. the systems keept running (just powerd with freezed screen) while windows was shut down. - like in old win95 days were you get ask to turn/power off the pc. maybe there were also some usb pnp issues but i don't remember that much in detail. If you had too many usb devices (also internal) attached the FBA may crash... but this also stays in relation to the HAL.

ahhh..... I want to forget this bloody testing days.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...