Windows XP Home OEM CD

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by supaboom, Aug 28, 2009.

1. supaboom

supaboom MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    Hey all, hopefully someone can help me with this.

I have some computers that have OEM certificate of authenticity with keys on them, and I would like to create my own OEM CD's from the technet Windows XP Home SP3 CD, is this possible?

They are the keys that are on the sticker that comes with your PC when you purchase it with a pre-installed OS. The motherboard is not original so it does not have a SLP 1.0 table and I would much rather use the key from the OEM COA. I'd guess you call these OEM keys.

If there is already a topic on this, just point me in the right direction - I searched but did not come up with much, just people trying to make OEM CD's that use SLP 1.0.

2. spiderman_pink

spiderman_pink MDL Member

Jul 1, 2009
    if you're looking to have activated installs, you can't. you need a bios with slp 1.0, oem slp keys, and the corresponding oembios files.

those oem coa keys will need validation either through the internet or phone

3. msr

msr MDL Senior Member

Dec 27, 2007
    yep there are guides on this forum, you need around 5 files to turn a retail disk into oem if i remember.

The guide is on this site somewhere.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008

This COA serial on the sticker is not SLP. it will only activate if you call the vendor. You can inout it all day, no offline activation.

OEM Royalty keys are listed in the sticky. Only these will activate the computer the way you want to.

The COA sticker is proof of purchase only..no activation..

Four files..OEMBIOS files and key from retail, six files and a key from VLK to OEM..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. timster

timster MDL Senior Member

Aug 23, 2009
    the key on the COA's activate just like any retail key. the shop i work at, i sometimes need to re-install an OS and just use an OEM disc along with the key on the sticker with no problem.

6. Joe42

Joe42 MDL Novice

Sep 8, 2009
    #6 Joe42, Sep 30, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
    If that's the case, then how do you get an OEM CoA serial to work with XP Home OEM with SP3 integrated?

Every time I try with my legit serials, setup says invalid key.

And no I'm not trying to use SLP to activate or any sort of loaders, bios hacks, cr**ks, act*vators, etc.

I'm simply trying to install my legit XP Home OEM with my legit serial on the computer I built.

I own 2 serials and 1 vanilla XP Home OEM cd, and both serials work. Until I integrate SP3, then suddenly both my serials are invalid.

*I forgot to mention that my OEM disc and both serials are generic, not tied to any company like Dell, HP, etc. I bought them online ages ago.

7. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Yes, in your dreams maybe..., but not in real life, sorry.

sebus

8. Oz

Oz MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Get your facts straight.

Of course you can activate using the serial provided in COA.

A while back I used a Dell XP Pro CD to install Windows on a noname box and I activated it online in a few seconds USING THE KEY IN COA ON THE DELL LAPTOP IT CAME WITH. Both desktop and Dell laptop was owned by the same person.

What seems to NOT WORK is trying to use a SLP key to activate online. A key in COA is just fine!

9. Joe45

Joe45 MDL Junior Member

May 17, 2009
    I could activate using my own xp MCE 2005 COA key,and by using an modified OEM cd'S

10. spiderman_pink

Jul 1, 2009
    #10 spiderman_pink, Oct 9, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
    sorry i don't quite get you. i was replying to the original post

anyways what i meant by activated install means when you install using an oem cd that's modified for vendor specific (i.e HP, Acer and the likes) or original oem cds from the vendors etc, and you boot to windows, its already activated.

you still can use the legit coa keys to activate online or through phone. no doubt about that. they're legit keys

11. DataRight

DataRight MDL Novice

Jul 28, 2009
    True, where I worked we did many installs using a generic OEM disc and the COA key to activate.

Usually you will have to call m$ to activate, but it sometimes works online too. Don't ask me why, first time it worked online was my mistake, since then I always try it first.

12. spiderman_pink

Jul 1, 2009
    i used to do the same thing too, until i discovered about slp. reason being, most of the online activation doesn't work. for me that is. and phone activation is very annoying, not to say a total waste of time. i figured the time wasted, might as well go via the slp route.