Windows XP Home SP3 Retail French to Windows XP Home SP3 HP OEM

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by kukubau, Aug 1, 2010.

1. kukubau

kukubau MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2008
    I have a serious problem. I'm trying to convert Windows XP Home SP3 Retail French to Windows XP Home SP3 Hewlet-Packard OEM for a buddy of mine. The OS came preisntalled on a laptop he bought from France, so with genuine license and all. The problem is that I forgot to copy pidgen.dll and dpc...dll from the original installation (can't remember the name of the file) and replacing the oem *.cat files aren't helping. His original product key I backed up doesn't work. I knew I had to copy pidgen.dll.

Can anyone help me out?

Thank you.

2. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    You doing OEM, so the original key is absolutely of NO interest to you
    Use oembios changer from stickies

sebus

3. kukubau

kukubau MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2008
    I am still asked for activation and to enter a product key. I don't know why why this is happening. I copied the compressed and uncompressed files and pidgen.dll and the other file in the Language_Files and ran OEM.exe.

No luck. It didn't activate.

4. kukubau

kukubau MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2008
    #4 kukubau, Aug 2, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
    (OP)
    What pidgen.dll and dpc*.dll I need for making this work? Stupid me I forgot to backup them. Windows XP SP1 French was the original OS installed. I can't find them on the backup cds my friend created with the HP utility. So far I tried from Windows XP +Xp3 French Retail Cd, didn't work, different versions of pidgen.dll, no luck.

Will the oembios.* files from the oembios repository (Professional version I suppose) work for my Windows Xp Sp3 Home Ed or do I need the oembios files from a Home Edition Cd?

Here is some info:

Microsoft Windows XP dition familiale Service Pack 3
    Product Part No.: A22-00001
    Installed from 'OEM' media.
    Product ID: 76412-OEM-0011903-00101 match to CD Key data

What kind of licensing is this? OEM I suppose,but the 30 days keeps popping after using vlk_to_oem and 911 medic's. The oembios tools shows HP / Compaq (OEMBIOS.CAT CRC32=CD4E1902) as one of the ones being compatible.

5. kukubau

kukubau MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2008
    Is this just for CORP TO OEM conversion or does this work for retail ed. too?

6. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    works fine with retail.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. kukubau

kukubau MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2008
    #7 kukubau, Aug 2, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
    (OP)
    Doesn't work for me.

The key that was preactivated on the laptop is the HP/Compaq key (KG27H-JV9M6...) which is not accepted at installation using the retail french windows xp home+sp3 "fr_windows_xp_home_with_service_pack_3_x86_cd_x14-92415.iso". I can't reinstall the os again using a custom OEM Cd so my only choice is the OEM conversion.
    My suspicion is on the unique language files required, pidgen.dll and DPCDLL.DLL. I used these from the retail cd with the oembiosfiles from the repository, but no luck.

8. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  9. kukubau

kukubau MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2008
    I didn't have enough time and never thought of making an oem slp cd then. I was under pressure getting it done as fast as I could. I know I should've replaced setupp.ini and everything would've been a walk in the park, but I didn't think of that at the time. Stupid me.
    Instead I used the French retail cd and hit next, not entering any pk.