Windows XP Install Help Needed

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by BigCol, Jun 18, 2011.

1. BigCol

BigCol MDL Member

Sep 16, 2008
    I keep getting this error message each time I try and install windows XP on pc that I friend wants me to look at. The message says:

Any help with this will be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance:worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Check the installation media.... if possible start setup from usb!!

3. stream

stream MDL Member

Nov 5, 2010
    #3 stream, Jun 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  4. _Cyber_

_Cyber_ MDL Novice

Jun 18, 2011
    check your ram with memtest86. you can download a iso and burn it at memtest86.com.

>>>Cyber

5. BigCol

BigCol MDL Member

Sep 16, 2008
    Thanks for the replies guys, very much appreciated. I was trying to unstall a 32bit version and later found out it was a 64bit machine. I installed a 64bit version and it installed ok. Thanks

6. BigCol

BigCol MDL Member

Sep 16, 2008
    Thats what I thought but wasnt too sure. I downloaded the 64bit version off here and it installed first time, no errors. The pc is working fine now BUT I cannot get it to connect to the internet. Ive plugged it straight into my router and when I click on EI, it comes up with the old cannot display page message. Ive tried two different cables just in case but its still the same........errrr ....help

7. BigCol

BigCol MDL Member

Sep 16, 2008
    Right, here is where Im a little clueless, how can I check rthe pc for the correct drivers I need?

Forgot to add, I will also have to activate it aswell :(

8. BigCol

BigCol MDL Member

Sep 16, 2008
    Antec, AMD Athlon 64bit, does that help? :sorry:

9. BigCol

BigCol MDL Member

Sep 16, 2008
    acrsn, I wouild like to take tthis opportunity to say a big thanks. Im on the pc now replying to the post. I downloaded all the drivers I needed and the pc is running smoothly. I'll leave it on XP for now but here is the system info:

AMD Athlon 64 x 2 Dual Core Processor 5200+ 2.61GHz. 2 Gig Ram.

Right, last question I promise. how dop I activate this version of XP (downloaded vuia torrent link posted on here)? Thanks once again, you sir are a LEGEND

10. BigCol

BigCol MDL Member

Sep 16, 2008
    Im clutching st atraws if it is the right driver. Ive tried going through add hardware via the control panel but for some reason I cannot get it to connect vie the internet and dowload the driver this way. I used a program called Driver Genius (im sure you have heard of it). It came up with this one driver, all the others were fine. Each time the pc has crashed, Ive been doing a fresh install as this was the only way I knew to get the system working again (Im a real ametuer at this stuff). May Driver Genius wasnt the way to go BUT I do not have the original CD. I wish I did as this would save me (and my new friend, acrsn) a hell of a lot of grief. Cheers mate:worthy: