Windows XP Media Center OEM-SLP Activation

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by learning-as-i-go, Jul 15, 2010.

1. learning-as-i-go

learning-as-i-go MDL Novice

Jul 3, 2010
    Hello. I am new to the forums. I am a noob with a lot of this OEM-SLP stuff. I need some help with installing and activating Windows XP Media Center OEM-SLP keys. I have the keys for all manufacturers that I found online. I also can get a Windows XP Media Center retail disk from a friend. I need to know....how can I install the Media Center edition using these keys? Do I need to alter the retail disk and make it OEM? For example I have a Toshiba Satellite M35X with a Windows XP Home key on the bottom but want to upgrade to XP Media Center. Do I need OEM certificates like you do when activating Windows Vista and 7 with slic 2.0 and 2.1? I install Vista and 7 on appropriate slic 2.0 and 2.1 bioses using modified install disks made to accept OEM keys and then activate the OS with the OEM Certificate Installer. Is there a similar installer for XP Media Center? Do I need to install a certificate with XP as in 7 and Vista or would it activate offline automatically when the key sees the manufacturer bios it was designed for? What all do I need to know to do this on all manufacturers? I need to come up with a system to do this on all manufacturers that I have keys for, not just the Toshiba I mentioned. Thanks.

2. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Cyrillkk

Cyrillkk MDL Novice

Jul 11, 2010
    Thanks for your info & advise.