Windows XP not working after using Windows 7 activator

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by JChen89, Oct 24, 2009.

1. JChen89

JChen89 MDL Novice

Oct 24, 2009
    Hi ,

I really need some help. I tried activating Windows 7 using Daz's act*vator, it didn't activate windows 7. I wanted dual-boot. It wouldn't load windows anymore, that includes Windows XP. I uninstalled the loader but Windows XP still won't start up, but Windows 7 does. How do I fix Windows XP?

Thanks.

2. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. JChen89

JChen89 MDL Novice

Oct 24, 2009
    No I haven't, do you think by trying the other modes it'll fix Windows XP? I'll try it right now. Thanks

4. JChen89

JChen89 MDL Novice

Oct 24, 2009
    Okay, so I activated Windows 7 using the alternative mode...but Windows XP still doesn't work...

5. JChen89

JChen89 MDL Novice

Oct 24, 2009
    and yeah...XP was shown as "Earlier version of windows" on the boot menu before I installed your program.

6. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Really odd, I got XP on a virtual machine here dual booting with Windows 7 and it's working...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. JChen89

JChen89 MDL Novice

Oct 24, 2009
    hmmmm...I'll give you a bit more info to see if you know what's wrong with it. It's a EEE PC, with partitioned drives of C: (Windows XP), D: (Windows 7), F: (PE, capacity of 4.87 GB), and G: (capacity of 47 MB)
    If I format my C: drive, and reinstall Windows XP, would it fix the problem? I don't really know how the activator works and how to revert or delete what it did. Thanks.

8. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    To not cause issues you should install Windows XP, then Windows 7. I think however you can install XP and then use EasyBCD (beta version) to restore your Windows 7 boot menu.

9. jupier2k

jupier2k MDL Member

Jan 20, 2009
    you can try put in your XP disc in to repair first. because all your boot /system files
    are in C partition. that's including your W7 bootmgr.
    after repair - boot to winxp to see if it work.
    if it work put in win 7 dvd in and select repair it will fix the boot sequence for both windows.