Windows XP Professional with SP3 VL - MSDN - Multilanguages

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by prescott, Jul 5, 2009.

1. luke

luke MDL Senior Member

Jun 22, 2007
    thanks mate

2. shtrumf

shtrumf MDL Junior Member

Sep 20, 2009
    thank you for the english iso!:cool:

3. MyDigitalName

MyDigitalName MDL Member

Sep 12, 2009
    #23 MyDigitalName, Sep 20, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
    my mistake, apologies, msg deleted

4. mathewhayden

mathewhayden MDL Novice

Sep 21, 2009
    Hi..
    I have just read your post. I installed Windows XP service pack 3 but I did not have service pack 3. I will install this on my computer. Thank you for sharing this Windows XP Professional with Service pack 3 VL - MSDN - Multilanguages. I must say you have done a great job for everybody who really want this. Keep doing good work.

5. shtrumf

shtrumf MDL Junior Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Which one did you grab?i got the:en_windows_xp_professional_with_service_pack_3_x86 _cd_vl_x14-73974.iso and checked the md5 and sha1 and found that they match with the one's from msdn.:confused:

6. MyDigitalName

MyDigitalName MDL Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Actually, I screwed up - I got it confused with another release with a very similar name -> my mistake, apologies, msg deleted

7. Hoppyah

Hoppyah MDL Senior Member

Aug 12, 2009
    like me mate you've downloaded that many;)

8. MyDigitalName

MyDigitalName MDL Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Not many, just a few - I would like to compare the contents of these to each other. Anyway, the file names are very similar, so it's easy to make a mistake.

9. prescott

prescott MDL Junior Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Happy to share these to MDL members, Im busy at the moment so cant log in the 4rum frequently :D

10. johnnieq

johnnieq MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2009
    What is the Difference between these two?

en - Windows XP Professional N with SP3 VL (x86) - CD (English)
    en - Windows XP Professional with SP3 VL (x86) - CD (English)

What does the "N" stand for?

11. dewot

dewot MDL Junior Member

Apr 25, 2008
    Thanks! Just started looking for xp sp3 and there it was!

12. SunRey

SunRey MDL Novice

Sep 17, 2009
    Thank You!

13. Mtthwpez

Mtthwpez MDL Junior Member

Jan 29, 2008
    I dont suppose someone could pm me with a valid vlk key?

Got one myself but it looks like it is black listed according to update. :(

I know it is a long shot, but if anyone can help...... :D

14. irqbw81

irqbw81 MDL Novice

Sep 15, 2009
    thanks i've been searching for this :D

15. rockjim

rockjim MDL Novice

May 15, 2009
    If I had access to a VLK that originally came with an install done with SP1, will that key be accepted on this version which has SP3?

Is the key typed in during the install process, like a retail install?

Can the key be placed in the WINNT.SIF file so it doesn't have to be entered during the install?

16. MyDigitalName

MyDigitalName MDL Member

Sep 12, 2009
    A VLK is no different from any other release regarding these questions, so your answers are:

Maybe, some has been blacklisted.

Yes, you can do that.

Yes, that's easier.

17. rockjim

rockjim MDL Novice

May 15, 2009
    Thanks for the response.

I am fairly certain that the VLK key that I have is still valid as it is still being used.

My latest task has been to try and 'recreate' a VLK restore disk using the key that I mentioned. So, a given VLK key is not tied to a specific SP#? In other words, I could acquire a VLK installation CD that came with SP3 and simply insert the key from a SP1 into either the unattended or winnt file in the CD and it would be install OK?

I have access to a box with this earlier install and simply want to reinstall windows using the same VLK. I have had great success creating OEM restore CDs but this is a generic box produced by a local MS reseller and they won't work on it without changing the bios which I would rather not do.

I know that the oembios and pidgen.dll files for a VLK install are unique to that type of install (OEM vs retail vs VLK). But are they also unique to the version of the installation like SP1 or SP3? Can I just pull those files off the existing install and use them to recreate the VLK install CD?

I have played around with a couple of combinations of oembios, pidgen and dpcdll files but none have successfully activated. It has gone all the way thru installation and then on the final reboot I get an error that says "A problem is preventing windows from accurately checking the license for this computer. Error code: x80004005." I am guessing that this has something to do with one of those files being the wrong 'version', since it seems to accept the internal key check at around T32 or so.

18. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Even if the key is "blacklisted" it will still be valid for install. It simply will not validate for WGA.
    You will get popups saying not valid or pirated version after an update.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  19. MyDigitalName

MyDigitalName MDL Member

Sep 12, 2009
    OEMs and VLK do not mix. Yes, there are ways to turn an OEM into VLK, but you are better off using an untouched image, so you'll need the VLK image in this thread. If your key is valid, it will work with this image.