Windows XP SP0 OEM iso?

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by chrtr, Apr 9, 2011.

1. chrtr

chrtr MDL Novice

Apr 9, 2011
    #1 chrtr, Apr 9, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2011
    Does anyone here have a Windows XP SP0 OEM ISO? I need it for these IBM ThinkPads that have keys but no disc. It uses the IBM OEMBIOS.CAT file, if that helps.

Thanks in advance!

2. stream

stream MDL Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Why do you want to install SP0? :confused:

It is very buggy & unstable.

Your OEM key will be accepted by all service packs.

3. Winston Court

Winston Court MDL Novice

Feb 22, 2012
    I also need a SP0 windows xp retail or oem, untouched, just ripped straight from disk to an .iso file ... anyone able to help me with this?

I don't want any service packs integrated in! I have both the OEM key and retail key, just moved and lost the original MS disks ... thanks in advance. Uploading the .iso to a file sharing site and emailing me the link would be wonderful! However, the board refuses to let me give my email address until I have 20 posts to the board, I will be working on that ... :sly:

4. Ki

Ki MDL Novice

Jun 7, 2011
    i have a dell cd but i am don't remember if it is home or pro, will check.
    should be able to make a iso with poweriso but never tried it before.
    btw may i ask why you don't want any service packs?

5. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    No real practical reason for it, is it?

sebus

6. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Stupid not having SP3 on the iso... Why dont you want latest SP builtin?

7. Winston Court

Winston Court MDL Novice

Feb 22, 2012

I wish to do customizations which always fail on the sp1 and up installs, conflicts seem to occur in custom drivers written for custom hardware ... but the keys I have are for XP Home ... isorecorder is nice for creating .iso files, it is free, small, version for all windows os. It installs an option to right click on a cd/dvd and make an iso of the whole disk ... if you are just creating disk.iso's and burning iso's to disk, it can't be beat for sheer simplicity.

8. Winston Court

Winston Court MDL Novice

Feb 22, 2012
    Actually, I'd go further than that, it is stupid to run anything less than Slackware -- unless you specifically need windows. Indeed, even if you run windows, it is "stupid" to run anything less than windows 7 64-bit -- unless you specifically need windows xp home w/o sp's ...

9. MaJo24

MaJo24 MDL Junior Member

Aug 19, 2008
    (etc. ...)

Sometimes I wonder: Why do public forum members so often assume people who make very specific requests to be stupid ...?

@Winston Court: You need the Home edition, is that right? Do you prefer retail or OEM? I should have both here ...

10. Winston Court

Winston Court MDL Novice

Feb 22, 2012
    Retail would be great. win[dot]court[AT]gmail[dot]com

11. MaJo24

MaJo24 MDL Junior Member

Aug 19, 2008
    Sure, no problem. I'll post the links here if you don't mind; maybe somebody else needs this one. It'll take some hours, though.

12. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  13. MaJo24

MaJo24 MDL Junior Member

Aug 19, 2008
    #13 MaJo24, Feb 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  14. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Maybe because very often requests of this "strangeness" come from people with very little posts (Posts 4), who often do not even know how/what to ask

And please do NOT tell me that there is practical reason why anybody sane would want to run SP0... there simply is NONE.

Collector? Maybe (still personally do not understand why, but people collect all sorts of odd things)

sebus

15. Fsaber

Fsaber MDL Novice

Mar 8, 2012
    #16 Fsaber, Mar 8, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
    Sorry 'bout that, but one reason are really exist: complete 4GB usage of RAM. (well, it's the only possible way for some really-really old memory-hungry win32 piece of cra software that can't run on W2K3 and up to have /3GB /PAE advantage... if such a software are really exist.)

Ps. Ah, forgot the obvious - To test your own software for WinXP compatibility with different SP levels.

16. aleks100

aleks100 MDL Novice

Jun 20, 2012
    its a really good stuff for collectors or older pc users. does anyone have the serial for this?

17. 皆さんこんにちはマギです

Feb 24, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  18. dailyinsanity

dailyinsanity MDL Junior Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Windows XP RTM is very unstable. Go with atleast SP2

19. rikkouri

rikkouri MDL Novice

Sep 27, 2012
    #20 rikkouri, Sep 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017

Thanks for this... I've been looking for this for a while now.

For those annoyingly complaining about the relevance of this post rather than providing help... These vanilla installs are very useful for pen-testers and software developers as it allows us to start with the most basic install of an OS and then apply service packs as and when we need to.