Windows XP SP3 32-bit for HP 530 Laptop.

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by apoorvasheth, May 13, 2018.

1. apoorvasheth

apoorvasheth MDL Junior Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Respected Moderator / Expert,

Hi! My name is Apoorva. I use HP 530 Laptop (Please see the enclosed picture from Google Search). I want to do a complete format and a "Clean Install" of Windows XP.

I need Windows XP SP3 32-bit latest version ISO file for this laptop. As the DVD writer does not work so, I'll do the installation using an HP USB Pen Drive. So, I need procedures to create a Bootable USB Pen Drive with XP SP3 32-bit on it. Finally, I need a safe activator which can make this Original Windows XP SP3 32-bit genuine without damaging the Windows File so the activator needs to be Virus free.

Please Note: I did browse various threads on this MyDigitalLife Forum but found XP SP3 download link to be broken + there is just huge chunk of infor & pages posted such that it has become difficult to find the XP SP3 ISO file and its activator and navigating page by page has created a headache for me. I also found multiple broken download links for XP SP3 on this forum hence let's start this fresh one with exactly what's being needed by me and others therefore, this new thread created by me. (-:

Kindly assist on urgent basis which will be very much appreciable!!!

Thanks & Regards,
    Apoorva.

Attached Files:

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    @apoorvasheth

Reading the sticky threads should be suffice, but why don't you at least opt for 7? It runs perfectly on these PCs.

3. apoorvasheth

Jul 25, 2008
    Well, the only OS Microsoft has been successful with, "in the eye of a customer" is Windows XP. There is no other OS right from Windows 3.1 till Windows 10 till date that can match with the Performance & Stability Windows XP has offered! Infact, WIndows 10 64-bit home edition has screwed up my other HP Pavilion Touch Smart Series 5 laptop in terms of performance and raised various other issues. I'll be more than happy to use Windows XP on this old HP 530 Laptop. Sticky threads has multiple pages inside with broken XP SP3 32-bit download links as mentioned earlier.

So, if anybody can please take the effort of pasting the links to fulfill my requirements mentioned above.....
    It's quite Urgent!

Regards,
    Apoorva.

4. yes its a original xp iso.
    i cant paste keys for xp here, its against the forum rules. you need to just search windows xp sp3 key in google and you will find tons of working result.just use any key for xp while installation.and xp will be activated.
    i would suggest you to buy 1 gb more ram (300 - 400rs price) and use 7 or give linux lubuntu a another try.(you dont need to be a linux expert to use linux, for all the basic things and program,it can be used by normal users.)
    gud luck.

5. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    #7 Tito, May 13, 2018
    Last edited: May 13, 2018
    @apoorvasheth
    • The most newest sticky (and other download related ones) points to multiple working mirrors including the one mentioned by @ShiningDog.
    • No activator is needed, as you can easily activate by OEM:SLP method (again, refer to the stickies: 1 2 3).
    • Apart from individual's personal opinions, running an (mostly) abandoned OS as daily driver is never a good idea.
    @ShiningDog

The one you've linked is retail variant which comes with an optional key prompt that can be skipped. You can't add leaked VL keys on retail installation - an VL installation media is needed.

6. @Tito sorry my bad for posting retail iso, but @apoorvasheth you can still activate retail version by leaked product key for it, you need to go my computer > properties > activation and enter leaked product key. search "windows xp sp3 product keys" in google and find itechgyan site, there you will also find how to activate retail without any key with registry.

7. gaerher

gaerher MDL Junior Member

Mar 11, 2018
  8. Sajjo

Sajjo MDL Member

Feb 6, 2018
  9. apoorvasheth

Jul 25, 2008
    Hi! I Googled for itechgyan, reached that website & did a search for XP activation in their internal search box which took me to a page where instructions on how to modify registry entries to activate XP was given and what I realized is that these settings force System to not check for activation and running an activation command via Run also brings up that blue window showing "Windows is already activated" but than I really wonder if this XP SP3 is really activated?

Now, I have JioFi Device and this XP SP3 is able to establish Wifi connection with the JioFi Wireless device successfully but I am unable to browse the internet as the Internet Explorer displays an error message: "Page cannot be displayed" when I try to visit any link such as Google however via command prompt, I am able to ping google.com successfully with 0% packet loss . I've already downloaded and installed the Wifi & network drivers & Chipset drives as well and restarted Windows XP & turned off the Firewall as well but to no go. As this is a fresh installation so no Antivirus has been installed.

I wonder if there is any issue with this copy of XP SP3 not allowing me to browse the internet or somewhere else an issue which I aren't able to figure it out....Any quick help will be highly appreciated!!!

Regards,
    Apoorva Sheth.

10. Sajjo

Sajjo MDL Member

Feb 6, 2018
  11. download firefox ESR browser or Mypal Browser. these are the one few left which supports xp.
    registry method works fine, you wont see the difference. but still if you want, you can download vl version of xp and use keys (easily available and works 100%) for vl version and it will be fully activated.

12. apoorvasheth

Jul 25, 2008
    Hi! Thanks for your quick reply! Well, I really don't understand what's going wrong with the retail version though I did modify the registry as per the guidance received via online search which I believe now forces XP not to check for the OS activation upon every boot however, I feel this XP retail copy wasn't completely activated even though running a command "oobe/msoobe /a" via Run does bring up a windows stating XP is already activated. Internet Explorer does open MSN or Rediff.com sometimes but not always which is quiet a surprise for me. The laptop is Wirelessly connected to my Jiofi device. and I can successfully ping Google.com from Command Prompt with 0% data packet loss. I also disabled Windows Firewall and there is no Antivirus installed yet the browsing doesn't happen.

Finally, I've decided to download the Volume License copy of XP from the link given above.

Now, I have few questions to ask:

Q1) Why is it that Volume License copy doesn't require XP to connect to the internet for its activation and works via offline straight?

Q2) Is the Volume License XP Keys enough to get the XP SP3 VL activated completely?

Q3) What if the Microsoft connects this XP SP3 VL to check for its activation status upon next restart or while Windows updates are being downloaded?

I've already downloaded XP SP3 VL version from that link above & burned it on my HP 15GB USB Pen drive. While I am typing this, XP SP3 VL is being installed on my other HP 530 Laptop and 80% has been completed. This will be the last try that I'll be giving to this XP SP3 just b'coz I am so very much in Love with XP and takes me back to my old days when I used it on this HP 530 laptop and my Desktop as well.

But if it now doesn't work than it will be an unfortunate but to go ahead Windows 7 OS installation.

Regards,
    Apoorva.

13. Sajjo

Sajjo MDL Member

Feb 6, 2018
    #19 Sajjo, May 19, 2018
    Last edited: May 19, 2018
    Q1: That is better to ask in a Microsoft forum.
    Q2: Yes!
    Q3: Windows XP is EOL April 8, 2014. No updates, no support, no nothing. Microsoft will not connect to check you activation.
    (others might thought, but that is because of lack of security)

sajjo already answered you questions,
    in addition to that, i've already told you IE is old and will not work as expected, your best/only choice is firefox esr or mypal browser.
    and you should install all post sp3 update collection pack which i posted few post back.