Windows XP to 7 Upgrade

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by windowsuser, May 7, 2011.

1. windowsuser

windowsuser MDL Novice

May 7, 2011
    Hi,

I ordered Windows 7 Upgrade from the Ultimate Steal awhile ago. What does the disc look like? Is it something like this?

forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/21670-Win-7-Student-quot-Ultimate-Steal-quot-Media

I believe I was sent the wrong disc so is it possible to get a replacement? I purchased it a month ago. I figured it out yesterday when a friend of mine got the same deal but as able to upgrade via a clean install.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  3. windowsuser

windowsuser MDL Novice

May 7, 2011
    No,no. I know how to upgrade. I want to make sure what the Windows 7 backup (link in my post) disc looks like. I was sent a Windows Anytime Upgrade which is clearly not what I paid for. The Anytime disc allows you only to upgrade from 7 Home to 7 Pro. I'm still on XP. That being said, how should I approach this? It's been a month since I realized. I paid $15 for an incompatible disc. Would I be able to receive an exchange or refund where I send back the disc?

4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Hmm... my bad!!! I understood ur question wrongly!! But I never bought any OS from MS, so I cant ans this ;)

5. windowsuser

windowsuser MDL Novice

May 7, 2011

I bought it a month ago in early April. I have no problem with the serial code (which I haven't gotten the opportunity to use). The backup media I ordered was supposed to be (I think what it looks like) in the my original post. Part of the link http has been removed since I can't post links or pictures. The upgrade allows you to upgrade from XP to 7 via a clean install. However I was sent a Windows Anytime Upgrade (by mistake probably) and not the Windows 7 Professional Upgrade. I paid $15 for a hard copy to bypass a long download and doing the work myself as I have a slow connection. I don't mind paying out of pocket to ship back the wrong disc and receiving the right one or getting $15 back where I pay shipping. In short, $15 for the wrong disc.

6. windowsuser

windowsuser MDL Novice

May 7, 2011
    #6 windowsuser, May 7, 2011
    Last edited: May 7, 2011
    (OP)
    The product name: (copied and pasted from the email) "Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Upgrade - 64 bit"
    and the disc: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Upgrade 64 Bit Disk Kit
    If they won't cooperate, I'll chargeback and let my CC company deal with it and I'll send it back to their original address. Thank you acrsn for your help. Tito as well.

I'm pretty sure it looks like this:
    ht tp://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/21670-Win-7-Student-quot-Ultimate-Steal-quot-Media