Windows xp x86 activation

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by armadillotuff, Dec 14, 2016.

1. armadillotuff

armadillotuff MDL Member

Feb 2, 2013
    I can't get past the Windows activation windows on my xp x86 system. My system comes up but as soon as I go to activate the xp screen goes to a blank activation screen and never activates or even allow me to call for a new product key. Any way to shut the xp activation completely off?

2. wazzock

wazzock MDL Senior Member

Oct 22, 2016
    Use a vlk :cool:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. armadillotuff

armadillotuff MDL Member

Feb 2, 2013
    Please explain vlk

4. wazzock

Oct 22, 2016
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    Safe Mode allows to login. Try to change the key from there.

6. wazzock

Oct 22, 2016
    If he has had problems with activation so far, personally i would wipe and start afresh with a vlk just incase the current installation activation is corrupted. I would use nlite, create an unattended file with the vlk. :)

7. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  8. case-sensitive

case-sensitive MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2013
    @armadillotuff

In my opinion = --- >

DONT mess with nlite . IF a person knows what they are doing its an OK program ...... BUT ...... to be honest its not a finished product . There are to many chances to totaly mess up your system . It took me two years to get a useable product with nlite ...... and now after years of experiments i'm still not satisfyed . I still get error messages . There are to many variables and dependances ...... and no real explanation . If you look in the net theres so much contradicting ' information ' about what to do with it and how that its still trial and error .

SO ---- >

Get the apropriate VLK ombios files ...... and the serial number for them . Make an iso from your original XP iso . Replace the original OMBIOS files in the iso with the new ones . Burn the disk . Install it . When it asks you for the serial number enter it = A working system without takeing risks ?

If thats crap please shoot it down .

9. wazzock

Oct 22, 2016
    i did say "I would use nlite, create an unattended file with the vlk". i didnt say tweak although you can tweak like billy o.

nlite is good if you know what you are doing or are willing to experiment. :)

10. case-sensitive

case-sensitive MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2013
    Wazzock ...... that wasnt aimed at you it was amied at Nlite . Sorry if it came over like that . I'm having a bad day .

@armadillotuff ...... My opinion of best prcedure = ---- >

As its a bad day for me i'll go one step further = NEVER try to repir a broken instalation ...... because 1 - How should you know exactly whats broken ? and 2 - Its easyer to wipe the partition / disk and then reinstall = Then you know 100 % that all the broken bits are fixed .

Put your system in without an internet conection . Set it up and then make a partition copy with something like Acronis . Then IF and when you get problems you can wipe the partition with the acronis boot disk and put the copy back in in about ten minutes = Quick , easy and safe .

Just out of habit and to get rid of any polution that i might have and havent found i reinstall my acronis system copy once a month .

11. oldsh_t

oldsh_t MDL Expert

Dec 23, 2009
    #11 oldsh_t, Dec 16, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
    Guess I will have to say that is crap!!

nLite has to be the easiest program out there to work with on XP. I have used it, and trust me, I knew nothing and all this was new to me. I never ever had a problem with it or making any install disk. When your new to it you have to take your time with it. Read carefully and take small steps. Sure you can screw things up if you do something wrong, but the way I see it if there is something you don't understand then by pass that part. There are warnings when you want to do something, heed the warnings. Anything I did not understand I by passed. I took small steps and did small things each time. Burnt a disk and installed to see if I did it correct, then built on that disk one step at a time. I made about 8 disks to get where I wanted to be, a fully unattended install, with a lot of junk removed and tweeked out the way I wanted XP and learned a lot in the mean time.

This is a great tool for those that want to learn,,,,, and like wazzock said Are willing to experiment.

This is probably why you have had so many problems.

12. wazzock

Oct 22, 2016
    nothing makes you learn faster than failure :)

13. wazzock

Oct 22, 2016
    #13 wazzock, Dec 16, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
    once you can tell your tit from your a---hole with nlite, its as easy as scratching ya balls 1st thing in the morning with your eyes shut. :biggrin:

14. wazzock

Oct 22, 2016
    and those are always the sweetest successes :)

15. Crime[Scene]

Crime[Scene] MDL Novice

Oct 12, 2016
    Unless you're skydiving and your chute doesn't open. :weep:

16. wazzock

Oct 22, 2016
    you know someone this happend to :(

17. Crime[Scene]

Crime[Scene] MDL Novice

Oct 12, 2016
    No. I was just giving you an undeservedly hard time :), a bad habit I picked up in Chat.

Worse still, I left out my plug for nLite. I had one false start with it. Did a little more reading and was able to integrate the sata drivers required for my laptop.