Windows XP's Limited Account Problem?

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by Happpy, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Happpy

Happpy MDL Senior Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Hello, Dudes!

I recently have installed Windows XP on my system. Now problem is that Google Chrome and Adobe Flash Player Active X both programmes are not driving on Limited Account (they are showing their icons too) but all other programmes are running fine at Limited Account. These two programs are running fine on Admin Account only. So please tell me what can be the reason of that?

Regards,

Happpy.

2. NICK@NUMBER11

NICK@NUMBER11 MDL Expert

Mar 23, 2010
    Have you tried this...

"While logged on as an administrator, click Start and Run, type CMD and click OK to open a command prompt. Copy & paste type the following commands and press Enter after each.

Cacls %WinDir%\System32\Macromed\*.* /E /T /P system:F
    Cacls %WinDir%\System32\Macromed\*.* /E /T /P users:F

Log on to a limited account and test whether Flash content plays correctly?"

and Google Chrome

chrome installs just for the user account it was installed in, so you have to install it for each user account.

3. Happpy

Happpy MDL Senior Member

Jan 23, 2010
    CMD says this command only be run at NTFS system while my is FAT32. What I do now?

4. NICK@NUMBER11

NICK@NUMBER11 MDL Expert

Mar 23, 2010
    Sorry i thought you were on NTFS, try and locate the "Macromed folder" on your fat32 installation and amend the command to match?

5. Happpy

Happpy MDL Senior Member

Jan 23, 2010
    I've done it. One thing you told me was great:

I installed chrome separately there (in separate login) and the chrome itself installed Adobe Flash Active X. Question resolved. Thanks.