windows7 iso image edition switcher.zip Question

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by wade7575, Mar 14, 2010.

1. wade7575

wade7575 MDL Novice

Feb 22, 2010
    I download the 2 windows 7 ultimates from the repository 32 and 64 bit,I was wondering if I could use the Edition switcher to unlock all 32 bit version on one disc and all 64 bit versions on another disc,I use ultra iso and I'm not sure where to put the unlockers for each edition do I just drag and drop them in and put them anywhere or do they have to go in the list in a certain order.Also seeing that they are already ultimate editions I would olny have to add the other's ones and leave the ultimate ones out correct.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. wade7575

wade7575 MDL Novice

Feb 22, 2010
    Could you tell me if I just insert the other patch's or whatever there called in any order that is what I'm not sure of or do you even need to insert them can you just mount the iso and double click on the patch or remover and then it does it's thing.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. myhken

myhken Experienced MDL Tester

Feb 28, 2010
    I'm using UltraIso to create/edit/save .iso files. All you have to do is: Go to the folder sources, delete the ei.cfg file, save your .iso file with a new name, or the same name. That's it. You don't have to use any other tools to delete the ei.cfg file when you using UltraIso.

4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    I use ultraiso also but the utility patches the iso file and only takes seconds saves time :)

5. WinFLP

WinFLP MDL Senior Member

Nov 18, 2009
    I recommended the ei.cfg removal utility because (I thought) it was idiot proof. You run it, point to the ISO, then burn the resultant ISO, you're done.

However I was mistaken because these simple instructions got turned into randomly placing s**t in the ISO, which is why I'm shying against manually removing ei.cfg using UltraISO since simple instructions can't be followed.

6. wade7575

wade7575 MDL Novice

Feb 22, 2010
    Ok I have tried running the tool and I get a box that pops up and it gives me the option to search my PC for the folder with the iso in it but then when I use the open button the iso is not in there.The other thing I was wondering is if I can delete the ei.cfg file using the tool does that leave me with a full version disk meaning it will be Home Premium and Pro Ultimate and so on.

7. wade7575

wade7575 MDL Novice

Feb 22, 2010
    I re-downloaded the remover tool and it work this time,now the I have ran the tool on my 32 bit 7 Ultimate did that make it a Windows 7 32 bit everything disc now.

8. apollopimp

apollopimp MDL Junior Member

Jan 12, 2008
    #11 apollopimp, Mar 17, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
    is that not what we gave you the info to acomplish ? ..

to answer your question yes you have a "everything disc now" that is the info we gave you to acomplish in the first place.. It should of been ovious that if you did what was said that is what you would end up with.

9. wade7575

wade7575 MDL Novice

Feb 22, 2010
    Just to be clear I was not trying to be a pain to anyone I have not had much to do with ISO's and I was not 100% sure on everything,I got 2 tools the one with all the patchs and the second one that removes it for you.I just wanted to be 100% sure on what I had.Thanks to everyone for the help.

10. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    If you used the ei.cfg removal/patch tool then as others have said you now have "universal disc" with all versions of windows 7

Enjoy:)