Windows7 multi-edition & multiOEM & customized [How TO]

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ozzyboy, Sep 13, 2010.

1. ozzyboy

ozzyboy MDL Member

May 18, 2009
    Hi everyone...
    I want to start a little project for me, a little challenge...
    Like in title, I want to make my own DvD, personalized, also multi-edition and multiOEM.

I already tried, but I'm stuk...o_O

For my project, I have choose this apps:
    1. 7customizer 0.4.4 to customize;
    2. Windows 7 Toolkit v0.8 to download all updates and drivers pack;
    3. AIO DvD Kit by Hazar (to make a multi-edition DVD);
    4. $OEM$ folder to make a multi oem edition and activated, by searchengine.

Like I said, I already tried, but I'm stuk,... I'm stuk with 7Customize, because, this app it's not made to create a multi-edition iso.
    This software, in the 1st pass, ask me to choose what version I want to customize. And the final product is that version wat I have choose. It's a great software to customize, but... Also I've wrote to blue4603 (7Customizer Developer/Creator), if it can be possible to make a option for a multi-edition, and I'm waitting for an answere.

OK...I guess I'm wrong with all, and I want some advice from you how can I do this project to be multi-edition, multioem and customized... Maybe another way(s) to make this.

Thx all, for your possible good ideeas!!

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for a reply from blue4603, he has only been back on MSFN once since May 22 2010 and then again on 04 August 2010. He has been in ill health he suffer from panic attacks.

3. ozzyboy

ozzyboy MDL Member

May 18, 2009
    Iguess this is not good...now I saw, Last his activity was Aug 09 2010 10:42
    Any other advices?

4. ozzyboy

ozzyboy MDL Member

May 18, 2009
    #5 ozzyboy, Sep 14, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
    (OP)
    I know all this threads, but you missed the most important thing, from my 1st post ...I want to make it costomized(all updates included, language pack, my themes, wallpapers, some tweaks...). 7Customizer it perfect to do all this, but it works for just one version of windows and when I'm installing 7, I want to choose what vs I need....

Thx anyway :)

5. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    @ ozzyboy, I think it is you who have missed most important thing 7Customizer is not capable of doing this. You would need to do a wim file for each version then apply them back into wim.

6. ozzyboy

ozzyboy MDL Member

May 18, 2009
    Ok, 1st ideea, thx urie.
    I'll do that. But, You said ...apply them back into wim. How can I create a single instal.wim file, from all 5 wims created with 7C?

7. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  8. ozzyboy

ozzyboy MDL Member

May 18, 2009
    I'm thinking about somethig else ...I saw some tutorial about modify wim file. And I'm thinking if you know wich file in install.wim is responding to make Seven a single edition.... I want to replace that file with another one, from original install.wim.

thx again!!

9. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    If 7Customizer, only lets you select one version of windows 7 then when it writes wim image back there should only be one that will be number 1. Just make sure you get you image number correct here are ones for x86.

10. ozzyboy

ozzyboy MDL Member

May 18, 2009
    GImageX it seams to be a great tool... I'll be back
    Thx again urie!! :)