Windows7 SP1 ???

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Dragonlord, Mar 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragonlord

Dragonlord MDL Novice

Mar 19, 2010
    just one question. anybody know when we can expect official service pack for windows 7 from MS (just like Vista) and what weal be on it,is it going to be possible to update just RTM version to newcoming SP1 or we must bye(or get) new Windows? :confused:
    please give me link to some info for this subject or some answers? thanx

2. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    For genuine Windows 7: SP are incremental installs (like windows updates) to RTM. Download and install on existing OS.
    For new buyers: soon after SP is released, MS ships new DVDs with SP integrated, so customer who installs that DVD gets RTM+SP1 as 1 setup. Similarly for SP2,...
    For me: will wait for reviews and some releases on a trusted site like this before installing that. For that matter, MS typically reduces prices later in the cycle and Ultimate may come down to the level of Home Premium.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Dragonlord

Dragonlord MDL Novice

Mar 19, 2010
    ok,fine with me,i will be contended for now with RTM version a believe,from 'The Official Windows 7 Repository'
    Site is excellent , glad to register this morning... must use chance to say thank you very much friends.
    and just one more, after installing this RTM from (and all necessary things mentioned in 'The Official Windows 7 Repository' beginning of thread) does i just leave Windows update switched on,and all the necessary and critical updates for my pc from october 22 to present will download from MS site or what?

4. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    I would set to manual and if by chance the WAT shows it's face then right click it and hide it

5. Dragonlord

Dragonlord MDL Novice

Mar 19, 2010
    ok Timesurfer, just give me link to some part of a forum where can i find some more info about WAT and how it look like ;)))))) i am newcomer this morning so bit confuse and lost... so much subjects here... i just need some info what to do after install win7. thanx

6. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    #8 acyuta, Mar 19, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
    The process is quite simple for an untouched ISO downloaded from the repository:
    1. Install OS.
    2. When prompted during install, turn off automatic updates.
    3. Use loader to activate.
    4. when completed install, go to windows update by typing wup or windows update in search box
    4. Change settings to some wording like `let me review and download updates'. This gives you the freedom (for now) to choose which update you want installed. Do not put automatic updates (which downloads and installs all updates) or any other option (including do not install updates).
    5. check for updates.
    6. all updates due will show up as ticked.
    7. In updates, search for kb971033. It should be in important/recommended and not optional.
    8. Untick kb971033. also right click and hide this update.
    9. then as of now, you can download and install all the remaining updates. Also can download optional updates specifically relating to hardware. May choose language updates or not (I do not since I am comfortable with English).
    10. as a safety check, every 1-2 days or so, go to wup, restore hidden (and uninstalled) updates. You will see kb971033 (hopefully). Also can see from installed updates if kb971033 is there.
    11. Finally, it would be a good idea to later download all updates to hard disk. That way, later when you reinstall, you can just click and install, and save bandwidth. I do this for bigger sized updates (>5MB).

The process is the same for preactivated images, except that you do not need step 3.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Dragonlord

Dragonlord MDL Novice

Mar 19, 2010
    just will use this thread for more questions,hope that no problem... i downloading a ISO image throw a program uTorrent and is it possible to check a authenticity of hash numbers on a file that is not downloaded complete, so that i do not waste my bandwidth if the ISO is not proper and clean? i have i very slow speed with my internet provider so i need a long time for 3Gb to download/upload and i suspect on an 'hash' authenticity because in uTorrent, click on a file , then in General/Hash i see some different numbers in 5 groups but in 1 string(row) not a MD5: F43D22E4FB07BF617D573ACD8785C02 SHA-1: 326327CC2FF9F05379F5058C41BE6BC5E004BAA7 ???
    please respond, sorry for my english i just learn russian in a school for 8 years ;)

8. Dragonlord

Dragonlord MDL Novice

Mar 19, 2010
    so what i do on that page, how to 'check md5' there??? it said to 'Please select a product from the menu on the left. To download files, and retrieve or view product keys, please sign in.' so what ???

9. pkaji123

pkaji123 MDL Addicted

Aug 22, 2009
    U need a hotmail or live account to view those..

10. Dragonlord

Dragonlord MDL Novice

Mar 19, 2010
    so you are propose to me alternative way to download clean windows 7 ISO , register then download on 'technet.microsoft.com', or what? i believe that i explained that i need checking hash throw uTorrent ,meaning before i complete my download... if it's possible to do
    and why not using this repository windows 7 thread here in MDL forum ???

11. Dragonlord

Dragonlord MDL Novice

Mar 19, 2010
    thank you!
    ok,i find out how to check hash before i completely download torrent file. yes!
    I am trying to do so, all this morning... links are working but when i check a hash * MD5: F43D22E4FB07BF617D573ACD8785C028
    * SHA-1: 326327CC2FF9F05379F5058C41BE6BC5E004BAA7
    they just do not mach ! dam thing always show me some other numbers and i try all links (for win7 x64) and numerous time and its different numbers all time !!! what to do. bit confuse,running out of ideas, just keep trying for the real combo or what !!?

12. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    If you got checksum installed and your trying to check hash for x64 bit just right click ISO then properties then checksums. Do you still get not a match?

13. Dragonlord

Dragonlord MDL Novice

Mar 19, 2010
    look i just enter folder My documents/Downloads and right click on a downloading file and choose 'file hashes' (its next tab to 'general')and wait little bit for result.. and i got a readings for everything ... for example 5 min ago : MD5 4A55C0CEE3769F20F5370C9530BFBF61
    and SHA1 C4DBA1A3F87F433067795D1EE1D126D3D2A72A0A .
    and it's NO MATCH ! and i delete torrent and start downloading new one X64 but when i check again same... and almost all day i do that! uuuH! :(
    whats wrong!!?

14. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Did you use utorrent to dl the x64 ISO? And did you use the hash software in the repository link?

15. iamanoob

iamanoob MDL Senior Member

Feb 28, 2010
  16. Dragonlord

Dragonlord MDL Novice

Mar 19, 2010
    friends here am i, steal downloading. I allready have integrated in my Windows XP explorer checking of file hash, just click on a file with right mouse, and also i downloaded Hashcheck from repository like the Timesurfer suggested , so i am able to DOUBLE check authenticity and its NO match on both cases ... i just try iamanoob link and no mach also and repository thread with uTorrent NO mach ... There is just one more ting thing that i am thinking about ,i did not wait to complete download ,(my DL speed is low i need 9h to dl 3 Gb file) is hash numbers change when the downloading complete or not !!? should i check only when the english win7 x64 ISO file completely download?

17. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Yea wait til complete dude cause hash is bit for bit examination of file.

18. Dragonlord

Dragonlord MDL Novice

Mar 19, 2010
    bit for bit , yes you wright!!! Dude , i am so stupid , now i am so shame... ok thanx, i will waith 'n' come back when finish and check