Windscribe - Free VPN and Ad Block: A demonstrative review by whizkidraj.

Discussion in 'Giveaways and Contests' started by whizkidraj, Apr 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whizkidraj

whizkidraj MDL Giveaway Organiser

Apr 6, 2012
    #1 whizkidraj, Apr 26, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
    Software review: Windscribe - Free VPN and Ad Block
    Software Download / Buy: Buy (or Download) Windscribe VPN
    Reviewed on: April 25th, 2017
    Written by: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Nowadays, security has not only become a word that is used as a "right" for every person, but as a need for the computer devices, too. And it doesn't just stop there, the definition of security expands as its needs in every field whether it is related to computers, or, just us humans.

Now, talking about computers, we humans use the internet to connect us all. Connection has not only become a word that was related to something tangible, but also and now, something that is virtual, too.

Internet connects us all. Helps us know each other virtually. Internet has been of so much help to us every human, but it has also risked our privacy, something which we consider as our fundamental right in this modern age.

Privacy is risked because of connecting to unknown people or making untrusted connections. But hey, what do we know? It is the internet, so everything here on the internet is not what it looks to the naked eye.
    Even if you might think of yourself as the most creepiest dude on this planet, being on internet changes that all.
    You maybe spying on someone without them knowing, but again, there's a good chance that you are being spied on, too, by some more creepier dude who owns you even without you knowing it. (So creepy)...

Coming back to security, nothing is promised. But as they say, prevention is better than cure (Old sayings are gold ;)). So, while we do know some basic methods to secure our computer and our data in it, we still do not have much idea about the data in the cloud and on the internet that we download and share regularly. Just connecting to the internet means, you are not secure, coz while there is security, there are things to break down the security, too. So just an antivirus or a firewall won't alone protect your identity or your data on the internet. You need something that hides you from the entire world on the internet. Something that encrypts your data, and doesn't let others know about your internet activity. That is where a VPN software comes into place and use.

Now, without much and further ado, let's break down this review of the VPN, and also an ad-blocking software known as Windscribe.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Windscribe Homepage:-
    https://windscribe.com/

As the name states, "Windscribe - Free VPN and Ad Block" is not only a VPN that protects our identity online, but it is also an ad-blocker that keeps us safe from being tracked online.
    And well, these are just the features we get from it's name.

Windscribe - Free VPN and Ad Block : A demonstrative review by whizkidraj.

The Free version of Windscribe is awesome, but the Pro one is even better!

Pros:-
    • Includes an inbuilt firewall (sometimes incorrectly referred to as "killswitch"), which blocks all unknown connections outside and not related to Windscribe VPN servers. Secures connection and connects to vpn locations, only if the server is fully working and not compromised.
    • Uses AES-256 cipher with SHA512 auth and a 4096-bit RSA key for encryption.
    • Provides IPv4, IPv6 and DNS Leak protection.
    • Double VPN i.e it includes browser extension + VPN client to provide all round security and features such as Adblock, Tracker Blocker which protects us from sites tracking us, and supports P2P.
    • Provides Stealth mode as a connection mode which is very useful.
    • Supports unlimited bandwidth and unlimited number of devices for connection and to be used.
    • Unique Features such as Cruise Control help us to connect to best server location that is closest to us, to get optimal speed and browse the web fast, and more unique features such as Double Hop and Secure.link generator.
    • Includes whitelist to add good and trusted connection sites to exceptions.
    • Price is very affordable for everyday person. And just like Windscribe says, "Do you really need a haircut every month? Get Windscribe instead and protect your online privacy."

Cons:-

None, but I would not rate it as a perfect product, too, like 10/10, but 9.5/10, coz there is always room for improvement.

Conclusion:-

Windscribe is slowly becoming the best VPN out there in the market and it delivers up to the expectations of not only being designed to be used and understood by an everyday internet user, but for users in every category and field.
    Thank you, Windscribe. ;)

2. JBenal

JBenal MDL Addicted

Nov 2, 2009
    I use NordVPN and it's less that $4/month. I have no problems with the service, but their new client software is really bad. It looks like it was made for children, not the actual types who use a VPN. I have solved that by creating manual IKEv2 network connections and firing them up with VPN Lifeguard. If anyone wants more info, let me know.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Who are the writers and owners, where is the company located, any more info, please?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. whizkidraj

Apr 6, 2012
  5. antonio8909

antonio8909 MDL Guru

Feb 16, 2014
  6. pf100

pf100 Duct Tape Coder

Oct 22, 2010
    If this is a giveaway for Windscribe Pro, please enter me. Thanks.

7. whizkidraj

Apr 6, 2012
    @pf100 , Giveaway soon to come, mate. I will post a separate thread about it :) Thank you for your comment and interest in Windscribe :)

8. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    My Q was more like "Can these guys be trusted not to be in the CIA/NSA/GCHQ/etc. pocket?" :)

9. whizkidraj

Apr 6, 2012
    @gorski , this is a review about this software, mate. Your question is completely different. Can u tell me the name of any test to determine "how to know whether a vpn company is nsa related or not." and do u know, or have some vpn company names that u know are not nsa related. And how did you exactly find it out.

10. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    It's in public domain, how these keys can be subverted, how servers can be subverted and so on...

My Q was "how good these guys are?" and "given they have servers in the US...???"

11. whizkidraj

Apr 6, 2012
    As u see in my review, everything was flawless...the connection to the servers. And this company is fairly new than the already established vpn companies, but yet they have much more server locations than many of them and I see the progress always growing. :)

12. fiekert123

fiekert123 MDL Junior Member

Jan 15, 2011
    usually i'm not posting in these kind of threads, but i've been pleasantly surprised by the speed and service that this company offers. i've been using it since october, and i've had one outage in total, and it wasn't even due to the windscribe servers. their provider was experiencing issues. it's a breeze to use, and security doesn't have to compromise speed.

my two cents tho.

13. cruxq

cruxq MDL Junior Member

Mar 31, 2010
    I don't think anyone can be trusted 100%.
    No matter where they are, you never really know what is going on behind the scenes, and with gag orders, they can't say anything about it anyway.

14. Brother John

Brother John MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2012
    If the CIA/NSA/GCHQ are after you I'd think you have bigger things to worry about.
    They have top-notch hackers and software unlike small organizations and individuals.

15. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Much more than that, they have kill-all HW, too!

So, my Q stands, especially re. the propaganda which states there are "bad VPN firms"...

16. orbidia

orbidia MDL Junior Member

Feb 22, 2010
    #18 orbidia, May 23, 2017
    Last edited: May 23, 2017
    deleted

17. Zamber

Zamber MDL Member

Jan 9, 2015
    Thank for the review. Good job!

18. browneylad

browneylad MDL Member

Sep 26, 2017
    Very good review posted my friend. Thank you.