WinFlash Problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by EclipseSin, Mar 2, 2008.

1. EclipseSin

EclipseSin MDL Member

Feb 29, 2008
    #1 EclipseSin, Mar 2, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    Well, I wasn't exactly sure whether to put this in the Vista section or XP section because it's not actually related to the operating system itself, but has to do with modifying the bios for the Vista Activation table, but thats not actually the problem. If this is in the wrong section please move it for me. :(

The problem is, I tried using the directions listed here for Award BIOS, method 1 using cbrom /ISA iasus.bin, and got an error in WinFlash during verify after mainblock was written. So since I had backed my original BIOS up before proceeding, I attempted to reflash my original BIOS, but that too result in a verify error after it writes the main block and begins to check it.

So what I did was saved the written bios that it could not verify correctly, and compare it to my original in Hex Workshop using resynchronizing compare, and it says matched. I am afraid to reboot my computer at this point due to this error WinFlash keeps giving me, even though both dumps match after reflashing.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I don't have a spare motherboard nor the money to buy one, but it seems to be working fine still since I haven't restarted my computer yet.

EDIT: Nevermind, I have found a remedy that has worked for me. I had to use the earliest version of the bios available and it passed the verification stage.