WinFolder Lock Pro 1.4

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by swapon_uiu, Jun 10, 2013.

Tags:
  1. swapon_uiu

swapon_uiu MDL Novice

Jun 10, 2013
    I used to run WinFolder Lock Pro 1.4 on Windows 8. the software works fine till yesterday. Yesterday I locked few files with the software. Today I try to open the file, but it is not opening. I tried it several times with correct password. But it shows error
    'Can't Process the Folder. (Fails on Folder Rename)'

After getting that error I reinstall windows and Now I am using Windows 7. From Windows 7 I am trying to open the file name, but it shows same error.

Please do something. I have got my important files locked up with software.

2. holahop

holahop MDL Novice

Jun 15, 2013
    #2 holahop, Jun 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
    i have same problem with this... 'Can't Process the Folder. (Fails on Folder Rename)'
    how can solve it...??
    please help..

summon @
    Josh Cell

3. Bytebuster

Bytebuster MDL Addicted

Apr 30, 2013
    #3 Bytebuster, Jun 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  4. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    I can not understand how these people are still downloading and using a very old and unsupported software since 2011...

Anyway I will contact these website that are distributing that to avoid these issues.

I already have contacted both users.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    Delete it or you could always make it open source :eek:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. vnzorro

vnzorro MDL Novice

Jul 25, 2009
    Do not delete your file!!!

That's easy man.
    Just download parted magic, extract it to your USB device using Unetbootin. Then restart your computer; boot into your usb device (just google how to boot USB); then copy your files to another location.

7. Nizar Mix

Nizar Mix MDL Novice

Jul 14, 2013
    I used to run WinFolder Lock Pro 1.4 on Windows 7 32 bit. the software works fine till yesterday. Yesterday I installed windows 8 64 bit. Today I try to open the folder, but it is not opening. I tried it several times with correct password. But it shows error
    'Can't Process the Folder. (Fails on Folder Rename)'

Please help me sir ! because I have vital documents in that folder.

Thanks a lot !

8. Nizar Mix

Nizar Mix MDL Novice

Jul 14, 2013
    I FOUND IT BY MYSELF !!!! :worthy:
    IT SO EASY !!!!
    Use Remo Recover
    Recover files => Recover Deleted files => Select the recyclebin folder (encrypted folder) => Save to drive and select the output folder
    Use WinFolder Lock Pro to unlock the new saved copy of you recyclebin folder (encrypted folder).

Done !

Thanks Remo Recover :)

9. Dark Knight

Dark Knight MDL Senior Member

Jul 14, 2013
    In my past experiences with folder lockers or hiders is if for some reason you cannot open your locked folders all you need to do is select "show hidden folders / files" in Windows Explorer folder options. Doesn't matter if the files or folders are pass worded or not.

Ran into a similar problem a while back using Free Hide Folder, my main drive became unstable which is where I had Free Hide Folder installed and it would not let me unlock hidden files on an external drive, by using the method above I was able to retrieve all my hidden and locked files.

Just a little trick not many know about file / folder hiding and locking software, don't know if it works on all brands of software but it works on Free Hide Folder so it should make you think about using software like this to keep things from prying eyes, it's not very hard to get around if you know what you are doing. One is better off using file encryption or stenography. ;)