WinPE [User-friendly Builders]

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by freddie-o, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Snuffy

Snuffy MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    I use ChrisR XPE and enjoy - make and share custom Win10XPE.
    Trains, Winchester, and KC Chiefs are my biggest DLs.

2. freddie-o

freddie-o MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2009
  3. case-sensitive

case-sensitive MDL Member

Nov 7, 2013
    One of my projects is to make a win 10 boot disk and then lay it flat on my C partition and use it as my operating system .

I've tried WimBuilder2 Full 2020-05-05 , Win10PE_SE_2020-03-28 and Win10XPE_2019-12-18 . For me Win10XPE_2019-12-18 is by far the easyest one to use and get a working product . Its so easy it only takes a few minutes .

My version is just the basic version it can make using win 10 19041.264 wich i first put on a USB stick , then on a USB SSD and then on my C partition . All three work . Now i've taken the boot.wim and have added the drivers for my computer with NTLite ( and also played with removing things and adding updates to boot.wims ) ....... and aplyed the boot wim to my C partition ........ dism /Apply-Image /ImageFile:"D:\boot.wim" /Index:1 /ApplyDir:C:\

Next i need to get it to boot :) Did some trys with a comand that seems to me to be the command to set up booting for XP :) BCDboot C:\Windows /s C: /f ALL ....... wich doesnt work because its looking for a file thats not there ( NTLDR ? ) .

Next i'm going to try to make it boot with EasyBCD 2.4 .

I'm having FUN :) and for me this is the nearest thing i can get to the operating system i want . It lean , fast and isnt bloated ......... and looks to me like XP :) with a few bits glued on top :)

If i'm doing it ' wrong ' please dont tell me :) ....... i want to learn how to do it myself :) ...... trial and error = learning by burning :) ...... and when i need help i'll ask .

Questions ---- > Has anyone got it to work and is anyone using it flat as their operating system ?