1. Kyhi

Kyhi MDL Junior Member

Jul 16, 2015
    I credit ChrisR for a lot of what I have learned over the years... He has always been the MOST helpful Developer and willing to help other better understand the way around Development..
    I have always followed ChrisR and always refer to his judgment as to the direction and goals of HIS Project,

2. Atari800XL

Atari800XL MDL Addicted

Apr 3, 2011
    #142 Atari800XL, Jul 16, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
    To me the most shameful thing is the fact that there's one person over at TheOven.org who lacks "people skills".
    If he would just listen to other people once in a while, who don't even mean any harm to him, but just want to explain to him that it's not going to kill you to say "sorry" to somebody once in a while.
    People have tried over and over to reason with him, but he always feels that he's attacked, and always responds in the same manner: He tries to belittle people by taking parts of people's post and throwing that back into their faces. Like if this post was done at TheOven, he would probably use that expression ten times in replies to this post.
    He did this recently to James/ Kyhi, you could look it up if you wanted to, but then again: what's the point...

Finally: all of this wouldn't even be all that bad if it wasn't for the fact that now he even throws out developers like Kyhi, and now even the most reasonable people (ChrisR, the Friendly Frenchman) can't understand what the heck is wrong with this person.

3. Atari800XL

Atari800XL MDL Addicted

Apr 3, 2011
    #143 Atari800XL, Jul 16, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
    Thanks Kyhi, we're on the same page. Like I said, I will not forget your contributions.
    Remember: This XPE stuff (and topic) here on MDL is pretty new, and we just have to imprint it into all the MDL members that ChrisR is an amazing guy who deserves a lot of respect, if only for the fact that he's had to put up with that strange person on "the other forum".
    We still have to let our frustrations out a bit, I'm sure we'll get over it. For me it will only take about a dozen more "THANK YOU!"s (from me) to ChrisR :)

4. Kyhi

Kyhi MDL Junior Member

Jul 16, 2015
    I was very tolerant of the abuse - in order to support other members and developers...

5. Kyhi

Kyhi MDL Junior Member

Jul 16, 2015
    Fully Understood !!!!

6. chrisr

chrisr Win10XPE Developer

Dec 1, 2009
    if I'm on the same page
    For far too long this strange person has been dividing the small PE community.
    Dealing with it was a bit complicated, trying to swim in the chaos, a form of resistance
    abandoning my old babies to rebuild a better project from scratch Win10XPE (extract from wim file, own Global variables %G, macros...)
    stable, user-friendly and simple enough for users to use, even for MDL's users :D
    and important get out of his Harmful influence.

If this project is now well known, it is largely thanks to the valuable help, support of KYHI, co-author
    But, if I can help, I'll take your dozen of "THANK YOU" ChrisRs, even 2 dozen if needed :angel_not:
    We really need to turn the page

7. Kyhi

Kyhi MDL Junior Member

Jul 16, 2015
  8. freddie-o

freddie-o MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009

For me, WinXPE is still unequaled/unparalleled. It's got everything going for it. :cheers:

9. Atari800XL

Atari800XL MDL Addicted

Apr 3, 2011
    #150 Atari800XL, Jul 18, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
    So you're not bothered at all by the fact that he didn't mention any of the developers in his video :punish:
    But at the end he did mention his own name...

Looks like the video had thousands of views, let's hope they all send you a small donation after they see your name on the Winbuilder window.
    (Just kidding: I'm sure Britec09 just forgot, he has a great website and YT channel, I'm sure it will be great for XPE's popularity).
    Happy holidays, don't spend all the donations in one day :p

10. doudiii

doudiii MDL Novice

Mar 9, 2011
    yes i agree with you :D
    nice to see you here chrisr , Kyhi , .... :cheers:

11. Atari800XL

Atari800XL MDL Addicted

Apr 3, 2011
    #152 Atari800XL, Jul 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
    @chrisr
    Congratulations on your new MDL rank, your title is now "Win10XPE Developer" instead of "MDL Novice".

Thank you @Yen and @Tito for making this happen.

12. chrisr

Dec 1, 2009
  13. freddie-o

freddie-o MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    Thanks guys for updating the thread

I just didn't check my e-mail for an hour and the update is already posted here :biggrin5:

And thank you @chrisr for updating Win10XPE

Looking forward to a fun new build :kicking:

14. Atari800XL

Atari800XL MDL Addicted

Apr 3, 2011
    Big thanks to ChrisR, KyHi and others who contributed.
    Thanks to the staff at MDL for giving ChrisR the title "Win10XPE developer", looks a lot better than "Novice" (or whatever his title was before).

15. chrisr

Dec 1, 2009
    I missed it, thanks to you 3
    :cheers:

16. Kyhi

Kyhi MDL Junior Member

Jul 16, 2015
    OR With Win10XPE Build "All Programs To Ram" Then Increase the size of the current "Recovery" Partition to accommodate the increased size
    Then Rename The Win10XPE Boot.wim to WinRE.wim and replace the "Recovery/WindowsRE/WinRE.wim" with the renamed Win10XPE Boot.wim
    Now when the recovery environment is called the PC will boot Win10XPE