Winsvr 2012 r2 key generation?

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by Cilendar, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Cilendar

Cilendar MDL Novice

Dec 12, 2013
    Hi guys,
    I know there is no any leaked 2012 r2 OEM keys yet.
    Somebody can tell me how a generate own WinServer 2012 r2 or any version of windows OEm/SLP or RTM keys?
    thanks

2. s1ave77

s1ave77 MDL Guide Dog/Dev

Aug 15, 2012
    Unfortunately not possible. Daz already posted about the trouble that would be caused by trying this :cool2:.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kelorgo

kelorgo MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2012
    It's possible to generate OEM SLP and GVLK keys, install and activate with them. The problem is not with generation. The problem is that when such keys start circulating the net, it becomes very hard to distinguish them from genuine leaked keys. I can't talk for other people, but I personally don't describe how to do it for this reason. It seems so far that those people who are smart enough to understand the process, are generally also smart enough to realise the problem, and are voluntarily limiting the information.

In principle, anyone could already learn everything they need just by reading the right posts on this forum, but it requires digging and reading.

4. ZaForD

ZaForD MDL Expert

Jan 26, 2008
    From what I've read these self generated keys cause validation errors, that can be seen/read in the event viewer. While this may not stop the system from functioning, it would be a very easy way for MS to shutdown the system with a simple update.

5. Dave101

Dave101 MDL Junior Member

Feb 27, 2014
    That given, you could just install windows update services and only instal updates that are needed.