WinToUSB 2.3 final and Windows 10 diff. Versions

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by pisthai, Aug 14, 2015.

1. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    #1 pisthai, Aug 14, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Used to create an WinToUSB from and 32bit Windows 10 Pro and had to manually activate. That wasn't need by using the Version 2.2 Beta!! Means that on Pro thye Outcome can now different as it were before!

Anyway I'll install the LTSB N again on Laptop as 64bit because I've 8GB RAM on it. The Memory used is about 40% by 32bit OS!!

Let see how it will be later after changing. Will report back.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Have now the LTSB as 64bit on my laptop. Activation were done by MTK2.5.3 with no problems and also created an WinToUSB drive from it just for testing (still will use finally 32bit for that because most using still 32bit OS)just for to check the activation which were working with no need to activate the WinToUSB drive again.

That said, the auto-activation is limited to Enterprise versions while the Pro will need to be re-activated again on the WinToUSB drive.

Still the WinToUSB has some advantages over WinToGo, special while it would take aver on fully installed (with apps) and configured system which will work on any computer the WinToUSB drive is connected too! Simply you could use your whole working system on mobile way's same as yopu did with your home system with all the installed apps and data! That will saves immens time and effort!

4. luky

luky MDL Addicted

Dec 21, 2008
    Please if someone writes how to properly divide the USB HDD into two partitions (system and boot) as shown by pisthai.
    It is necessary to indicate which partition is active.

Thanks in advance!

5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    As I wrote in PM already, just use a Partition tool and create those 2 partitions System and Boot. As shown in the lower picture in Post #1, select which is the System by click on that white Dot (change to color after done) and do the same for the Boot Partition, then click Next, that's all. The needed status will change as needed accordingly and automatic!

At the same time you start the apps, you could click the Help button of that apps and the Dev's website with help will open. All info's are there too, just need to be read!!

6. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    I used to create an WinToUSB from Windows pro 10 again with the latest version 2.3 and this time the activation were taken over too. A new activation were not needed on my Home Computer. Now I'll need to have to check on an 3.party Machine to see that activation will still be active.

To be honest, I don't this that those will happen because the Hardware, except the HDD will have been changed! Even on my Home Computer, I was need to Verify my MS Account manually again.