Wireless Connection Disconnect when Pc is locked

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by shaaani, Aug 6, 2011.

1. shaaani

shaaani MDL Junior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    hi
    my wireless connection disconnects when i lock my pc(desktop)- Windows XP sp3, dualcore, 2GB ram

any1 help

thnx

2. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    Check the Power Management Properties of your network adapter under Device Manager. There should be an option like Allow to Turn off to save energy; make sure that you disable that.

If that isn't the cause, then it might be a case of the AV / Security suite dropping the connection after you locking the screen. To test that, just showdown whatever you use for a firewall / AV and try locking your screen again to see if it still happens...

Try those and get back if the problem stills occurs; we will think of something else to try ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. stayboogy

stayboogy MDL Addicted

May 1, 2011
    i have a wired ethernet connection and i can confirm that my internet stays connected but the connection gets reset after "locking" my pc. i'm not really sure why it does this but it is normal. this is not something to worry about, and like x86 it could have something to do with energy saving in the device manager, but i'm not logged into my XP to check for sure. although i've never modified those settings from default since install.

most likely it is just the typical thing that happens since the pc is "locked;" it would make no sense for there to be a way into it by a connected internet connection being in such a state.

4. shaaani

shaaani MDL Junior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    i dont have Power Management TAB in Wireless device properties but i can see this TAB when i m in Win7 but i dont have disconnecting issue in Win7, i tried a solution that was successful for me, i uninstall the wireless driver and also the Utility(software) with it then i reinstall it without the Utility and now there is no Disconnecting issue when i Lock my PC.

thnx for the HELP