Wireless mouse not working

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by blackranger, May 4, 2010.

1. blackranger

blackranger MDL Senior Member

Dec 28, 2009
    #1 blackranger, May 4, 2010
    Last edited: May 4, 2010
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. dogfox

dogfox MDL Novice

Mar 4, 2008
    does the Transceiver show up in device manager ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. RedSpider

RedSpider MDL Junior Member

Oct 13, 2009
    Use GOOGLE to find, download and install the manufacturer drivers for Microsoft Arc Mouse. If your new wireless mouse is direct knockoff, then the the manufacturer drivers should work.

4. johncarry

johncarry MDL Novice

May 14, 2010
    Is the mouse actually turned on (usually from the bottom)? You can also try going to the device manager In "my computer" and going to where the mouse is listed. Uninstall it and then restart your computer.

5. Yurbuh Tuggly

Yurbuh Tuggly MDL Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Did you turn off the computer before plugging in the USB tranceiver?

6. gamemaniac

gamemaniac MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2009
    Microsoft Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 3000 ,no required software installation. simply plugged the wireless receiver into an available USB port, put a "AA" size battery in the mouse, and turned on the computer. The mouse started working just as Windows XP finished loading. Gr8 performance.....!

7. Calistoga

Calistoga MDL Senior Member

Jul 25, 2009
    I can't describe how passionately I despise every single wireless mouse I have come across. There is always something wrong, performance and accuracy is horrible, and the battery is drained in a few months. Now I'm using a wired laser mouse on a mouse pad made of glass, and I think it is very awesome.

There is probably thousands of wireless models that works just as good as the wired ones though, I just haven't found one of them yet ;)

OT: Have you tried locating the driver on the manufacturers website?