Wireless Xbox 360 controller will not sync with receiver

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by IlanF, Oct 29, 2012.

1. IlanF

IlanF MDL Novice

Oct 8, 2012
    The controller does not sync properly with the receiver. I press the button on receiver -> the light on it blinks. press the connect button on controller -> lights spin around, and then the light on the receiver stays lit, on the controller the lights blink as if the controller is not connected.
    Sometimes the controller will connect, but then it disconnects after a few seconds.

I got the controller and receiver back today from the store, I sent it for a checkup as the receiver stopped working, the computer did not recognize when I connected it, and the light on the receiver did not light up. As the sails-man said, they replaced the receiver. And now this thing...

The controller worked fine until the receiver broke. I replaced the batteries for a fresh pair. I even tried to install the driver on the CD (not needed, it works fine out of the box with windows 7) and nothing.
    Any ideas what can be done with it? or should I just send it back to the store for a replacement? (takes forever, they take 14 business days to check it)