Wish to restore Windows 10 to perfect health.

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by intelarmamd, Jul 2, 2019.

1. intelarmamd

intelarmamd MDL Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Hi, I am using Lenovo Yoga 710-15IKB. During the May 2019 update my Windows 10 got stuck and got corrupted and stopped booting so I reset my laptop using the one key recovery, removed everything and reinstalled Windows 10. After that I installed the May 2019 update with the Windows 10 Update Assistant. Thereafter I again reset my laptop using one key recovery, removed everything and reinstalled Windows 10. Now my laptop is working fine but I wish to restore my Windows 10 to perfect health since I have been using the laptop for long time and during which there arrived a lot of updates some broken, stuck, some failed to install and also I have used a lot of programs. So all of this must have created some errors, bugs and some parts of my Windows 10 must be incomplete or buggy. Also I didn’t find any Windows 10 folder in the Lenovo partition. So I wish to restore my Windows 10 to its original perfect condition, the condition when Windows 10 is installed for the first time. Kindly inform me how can I do that with some easy way. Best regards. :)

2. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    You can restore, if You have backup, what the question.
    If don't have, must do new clean instal and everything is like new. No problems.
    If You have problems, tell about it, but as long as You only say that everything is bad and nothing won't work, sorry not possible give any kind of help.
    So, tell what kind of help You exactly need.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    I don't get why you use the one key recovery and next remove everything and reinstall again, why not just download the iso and do a clean install or use resetpc and set it to delete all files, it will re-install your windows at the current level.

4. intelarmamd

intelarmamd MDL Member

Dec 21, 2012

I wish to first check if my Windows is perfectly healthy. And if there is some problem with it I would like to restore it to complete health.

5. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Run this script by @murphy78 :

Attached Files:

6. intelarmamd

intelarmamd MDL Member

Dec 21, 2012
    I did reinstall twice just to make sure everything is fresh. Does resetting pc also restore Windows to complete health removing errors and bugs and other things mentioned in my first post? Because in my Lenovo partition I couldn’t find any Windows file or folder through which the resetting pc process could provide the installing Windows the missing components etc. recovering it to health.

7. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Afaik, with windows 10 there is no system backup partition anymore. All is done by the ResetPC function, it offers to keep or delete personal files and settings.

Another way to have a properly clean install is just installing with an official MSFT iso.

8. intelarmamd

intelarmamd MDL Member

Dec 21, 2012

As you say “Afaik, with windows 10 there is no system backup partition anymore. All is done by the ResetPC function, it offers to keep or delete personal files and settings.”. So logically the ResetPC function should also repair Windows 10 if there are some errors, bugs or somethings missing in Windows 10. Can anybody confirm this?

9. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  10. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    #12 urie, Jul 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
    Are you sure that is the recovery partition and not just drivers e.t.c can you still do recovery with onekey if not does onekey program run in windows can you not use that to make recovery image on usb.
    Also if you cannot make recovery you should be ok for clean install if that is all your needed drivers on that partition.

I had recovery partition on My HP laptop it was not hidden but the recovery files were.

11. intelarmamd

intelarmamd MDL Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Yes because there are only two partitions on my laptop; “C” has Windows and “D” has “Lenovo” written on it. So it can only be recovery partition. And I still can do recovery with one key. I haven’t seen one key program run in Windows. To do recovery I use a pin and there is a small hole on the left side of my laptop. I insert the pin into the hole and press the pin for some moments and when I release it I see options on my screen. Is it ok?

12. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  13. Snuffy

Snuffy MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    Take your saved iso - open or mount the image, then run the System File Repair Script. it will find then ask and then continue to fix - if any.