'Wish' what would it be for you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sid_16, Jun 24, 2012.

1. sid_16

sid_16 MDL Giveaway Organiser

Oct 15, 2011
    Let's just say that God really existed and He/ She It or "The The" or whatever (sorry to address like this), visited you one day and had a talk with you and granted you any wish you wanted. What would it be(for you) ?

I heard a story about this that talks about a man who had this happen. One wish from God. 'Should he wish for guaranteed health?. No says one neighbor, for what good is health if you have no wealth'. 'Should he wish for wealth? No says his other neighbor, for what good is wealth if you, have no good health'. So he doesn't know what to decide until, a few years later when he gets the idea of asking the God what he should choose. Brilliant! God wil make the right choice for him 'cos surely God would neither make error nor would lie. So he asks God and God laughs and says "why don't you wish to be happy with whatever you get?".

When I first heard that, I thought, how could anyone go wrong with that wish? If you had a choice between changing your world or being happy, which would you choose?

The tree question has lost its charm because Mr Yen and others took it to an inaccessible height (for me) to continue posting there, so here is another question to ponder.:D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    You answered your own question. ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Is it one wish only? You'd need then actually 2. :D
    OK, I try to answer without to lose the original charm, and sorry about that, it's my complex mind (way to think), lol. :)
    IMHO 'god' is right.
    The best wish is to become perfectly happy and this is the last wish then one can have.

God laughs and says "why don't you wish to be happy with whatever you get?"

There is some other wisdom in it. The world is within us. So he said why don't you.
    He did not say why don't you wish the world to be happy.

4. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    #4 SOCRATE_MMXII, Jun 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
    @Yen: yep, you're right.
    sid_16 will think that we're stalking him everywhere. :D

5. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    I've allowed my happiness to swing on a cup of coffee at the moment .. This thread has allowed me to set my aspirations on a higher calling :hug2::biggrin::worthy:

6. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    I am helpless, he always addresses my interests. :D

7. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    i am tempted to bore you guys with good old
    king midas, who wished everything he touched
    turned into gold..
    :biggrin:
    [ if he lived today he would probably go by the
    name of ballmer..]

8. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    Midas was selfish, that's why he didn't ponder on this before asking. Just like Narcis. ;)

9. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    yup. :biggrin:
    goes to show how perilous those
    wishes really are...
    i wish nothing for myself but peace of mind..

10. sid_16

Oct 15, 2011
    Do you agree that happiness is necessarily the fundamental goal?

11. sid_16

Oct 15, 2011
    Please no need to say sorry sir.:D But it means that the thing that would make you most happy is to see everyone else in the world to be happy. That's noble. So suppose that everyone had the choice between their world changing or their happiness?

12. sid_16

Oct 15, 2011
    No, of course not.:p Please follow the question not the questioner.:D

13. sid_16

Oct 15, 2011
    GOD.:confused:

14. sid_16

Oct 15, 2011
    Thanks for the compliment sir.:p

15. sid_16

Oct 15, 2011
    You mean (Midas) Steve Ballmer! :D great idea.

16. dareckibmw

dareckibmw MDL Expert

Jun 16, 2009
    My wish would be this: the world - drugs free! it's bad for the people :D

17. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    @Sid Today, as I woke from my sleep and I rose to meet the day in my way.. I found myself reading your thread.. For me It was a perfect way to start my day .. Just enough playfulness and innocence to wisp away my expectations of anything at all .. :sun: Thanks

18. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    My wish is for people to stop worshipping the god of money,power and wealth
    [​IMG]

19. sid_16

Oct 15, 2011
    #19 sid_16, Jun 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
    (OP)
    Please don't bring a particular religion to this discussion and by the way the God you refer, is not the God of wealth, power and money but the God of wisdom. :D

20. longjourney

longjourney MDL Novice

Jun 14, 2012
    i wish to be happy everyday. This thread is so meaningful to me. Thanks.