WMC not opening!!

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by zahad9, Nov 19, 2012.

1. zahad9

zahad9 MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2012
    Hi all,

I Have win8 Pro version running and I recently updated to Wmc Pro using the microsoft provided upgrade function, The update was successful and I am running wmc + win8pro , which is activated to 180 days and has a 1000 rearms left.But the problem is after restarting the Pc after the upgrade Wmc will not open!....
    I even tried running it as an administrator but it will not open! it doesn't give me any sort of error messages or something it just doesn't open!..
    Please help me! Do i have any-other option other than installing the whole windows 8 again ?

2. KNARZ

KNARZ MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2012
    check the windows features. disable an re-enable might work.

3. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. bk109

bk109 MDL Senior Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Also,if you've upgraded from 7 to 8, your problem might be bad codecs - if that is the case - just remove all codec packs and then download a windows 8-specific version of 'em.. I've opted for shark007's packs

5. zahad9

zahad9 MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2012
    I used the code from microsoft, I have also done the upgrade but the thing after it restarted WMC doesn't open.If you link me to KNARZ thread It would be reallly great

I enabled it in windows feature but still no success.

Thankyou!

6. Snuffy

Snuffy MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    1st off, the upgrade was not SUCCESSFUL, because the WMC Key would change your 180 days to Retail (Permanent Activation.)
    so I'd reboot again... other wise reboot, open Win key + X - command prompt as admin slmgr -dlv if it does not say Retail Channel then the upgrade was not good.
    go back again to add windows feature.... I already have a key... enter the key.... let the DL start and if your original DL was-is corrupt it will repair... then after installation and reboot..
    DO NOT OPEN WMC - REBOOT AGAIN.
    then check to see if you are RETAIL channel...if not then YOU HAVE A BORKED INSTALL OF WINDOWS AND WMC.

ps: ERRORS are located in eventviewer ....

7. craftbrewer

craftbrewer MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The upgrade was not successful, so you have to do it again