WMP 11 in Windows 7 RTM?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by yesman, Aug 10, 2009.

1. yesman

yesman MDL Junior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Is it even possible because I tried one method but I think it was for Beta 1 only so my WMP is now bricked.

2. secr9tos

secr9tos MDL Addicted

Jul 28, 2009
    Win7 RTM is shipped with WMP12 so why do you want to downgrade to ver 11? If you don't like WMP than use WinAMP or foobar instead.

3. oldsir

oldsir MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2009
  4. loops

loops MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2007
    ... why downgrade WMP ?

if you want WMP11 use Vista ! not seven

5. yesman

yesman MDL Junior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Well, well, well. Should this be an order?! I don't like WMP 12 very much and I want 11, is something wrong with that?

6. SirSilentBob

SirSilentBob MDL Senior Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Yep, your craaaaaaazy. Haha. I am not sure if WMP will easily let your downgrade, last I saw when someone tried, the WMP installer saw the newer version and then canceled itself since it saw the newer version. I could be wrong though, I have not tried it myself.

If you have issues and it won't let you put on the WMP you want, I can recommend VLC. It's a clean uncluttered interface, no extra fancy bells whistles and skins crap, but it has all the video & audio codecs integrated into it, and will play just about any video or audio format you throw at it. It's also opensource/freeware, (no cr**ks, serials, loaders, SLICs lol) and is still actively developed and improved.

7. Lenmaer

Lenmaer MDL Addicted

Jul 3, 2009
    #8 Lenmaer, Aug 10, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
    Anyway modifying important files will ruin your OS once a major update comes out and can also harm all the mediacenter stuff.

8. Thành Đạt

Thành Đạt MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Thành Đạt

Thành Đạt MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. yesman

yesman MDL Junior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Didn't work but thanks.

11. Bloodbat

Bloodbat MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2009
    Windows 7 RTM, at least Ultimate lets you uninstall WMP 12, check add/remove programs (or whatever the new name is).
    I suppose you can uninstall it and then install 11...though it still beats me why you'd like to do that...if you want to run the whole interface just click the arrow with the 3 squares...

Bloodbat