Word Problems

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by MarcusReed, Dec 30, 2021.

1. MarcusReed

MarcusReed MDL Novice

Dec 7, 2021
    #1 MarcusReed, Dec 30, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2021
    I tried the mso.dll/patch trick for Office (Word) 2007 via the Deioncube site. I thought I finally had a working Word, but then it went into RF mode recently after quite a while of working just fine, so it failed.
    I tried KMS_VL_ALL, Microsoft/Office 2010 Toolkit(s) and the like to activate Office (Word) 2010, but after some time, it too went into RF mode. It failed.
    I tried 2013+. It failed, 'cause it kept lagging too much for me to use long enough to see if it would go into RF mode.
    I bought a legit standalone copy of Word 2021 from the Microsoft Store, but it either lagged nonstop or opened my document in reduced functionality mode, so chuck that up to a failure.

I have tried time and time again to have a working, functioning Word processor, but after X amount of time, it always reverts to reduced functionality in the middle of working (when typing, when using find/replace, you name it). I tried reinstalling fresh and all just now, and now it quickly goes into RF mode.

I have tried chkdsk, sfc /scannow, memory/disk diagnostics on bootup...all of that comes out just fine. My computer runs clean like a whistle. I have used countless clean, legit ISOs from the tools here/Internet Archive, and each and every one ends up going into RF mode.

I'm at my wits end here. All I wanted was to work on a project with Word, then uninstall it once I was done. Do I really have to reinstall my OS just to do this? Is there anything I can do, or should I just hang up my literary aspirations? I'm a complete noob when it comes to computers - all I'm looking for is a functional Word.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide. I hope you had a happy Christmas and will have a great new year.

2. MarcusReed

MarcusReed MDL Novice

Dec 7, 2021
    I ran all the scripts just to be safe, and all came up successful. So I just install, for example, Office 2010 PP and activate it accordingly....?

3. MarcusReed

MarcusReed MDL Novice

Dec 7, 2021
    I used KMS_VL_ALL, it still went into RF mode on me after a while. I used Auto_Renewal first, but before then, I checked and it said it was already activated. Should I remove the local emulator?

4. Sajjo

Sajjo MDL Member

Feb 6, 2018
    You can keep it this way if you like:
    30-12-2021 14.08.01.ls.jpg

Could you run and post:
    Code:
    [8] Check Activation Status [vbs]
    [9] Check Activation Status [wmi]

Problems started with Office 2007 yes?

Could you post exact mod mso.dll > send link in PM
    How you installed and activated.
    Serial you used with O2007

5. Dark Dinosaur

Dark Dinosaur X Æ A-12

Feb 2, 2011
    #7 Dark Dinosaur, Dec 30, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2021
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. MarcusReed

MarcusReed MDL Novice

Dec 7, 2021
    If it were that easy for me, I wouldn't be here. :(

Anyways, I tried PM'ing you, but it said you limit those who can see your profile.... o_O

7. Dark Dinosaur

Dark Dinosaur X Æ A-12

Feb 2, 2011
    its easy if you know where to start.
    first rule .. don't install retail version :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. MarcusReed

MarcusReed MDL Novice

Dec 7, 2021
    I've always been using volume version, though. Never retail. Like I said, I follow every step of the process by the letter. I get the VL ISO, I use the serial/activation method/etc provided, I start up Word (the only part of Office I need), I open a document, I work on it, it slips into reduced functionality....I thought I finally had a stable, working copy of Office (Word) going recently, but nope. The past day or so, after quite a while of leading me on with it working like a charm - poof! RF mode happens. Now I'm back at square one, and I've been spending quite a long time dealing with this.

If I knew it would be this hard, I would never have tried to get into writing. I'd have just found another hobby. :(