Working with multiple monitors

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by stephenjones007, Jun 19, 2014.

1. stephenjones007

stephenjones007 MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2011
    Hey guys, hoping to get some advice here. I have a work laptop that I use at work and at home. In the office I have 4 monitors hooked up to the laptop using a docking station and a "evga Plus" usb device. The issue is when I take it at home, I have another "evga plus" device (but no dock) and 3 monitors hooked up to it. I always have to rearrange the monitors in windows so they are properly organized. I think I need a software to save the arrangements of the monitor, like a profile for work and home? So, if I am at work, I can just load the work profile and the monitors will be arranged etc, Don't mind paying for a software.

2. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    #2 Myrrh, Jun 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
    Always try the simpler things first.

Pick one of your locations, whichever one you're not at now. Next time you are there, instead of rearranging things in Windows, rearrange which monitor is connected to which port of your device to match how Windows is already configured.

(this assumes your monitors are physically arranged the same, if at work you have two on top of two and at home you have three side-by-side, this won't help)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. stephenjones007

stephenjones007 MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2011
    Thanks but the monitors are physically arranged differently. I used displayfusion, which allows me to save different profiles. It automatically identifies which monitors are connected and loads the appropriate profile.