Worse TV shows

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Crime[Scene], Oct 20, 2016.

1. Crime[Scene]

Crime[Scene] MDL Novice

Oct 12, 2016
    My two nominees :

Manimal
    My Mother The Car

2. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    Gawd I hate most of them.
    Too many for me to post. :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    #3 R29k, Oct 20, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
    The Flash, Arrow, House of Cards, Supergirl, Elementary, Vampire Diaries, Friends, Grey's Anatomy, Suits, Once Upon a Time, Criminal Minds, Teen Wolf, Gotham, 2 Broke Girls, Law and Order, House, Bones, CSI, NCIS, The Office, Smallville, True Blood, Lost ..... :eek: the list goes on and on.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Crime[Scene]

Crime[Scene] MDL Novice

Oct 12, 2016
    "Law & Order"? Only if you mean any episode without Jerry Orbach.

5. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    All of them!

6. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    Most TV shows are bad, the tough task is to find the exceptions to watch. And what's event worse, it that some exceptions turn bad with time too.

7. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015

"Some" exceptions? Name them.

Right now there is not one watchable one on air. Even "Shameless" (US Version) lost its appeal after stooping down to simply trying promote stupidity. But then, its american. That show was so brilliant the first few years.
    If my info is correct MrRobot will restart on Saturday... what an excellent first season that was, slipping slightly into clichees in the second... I am almost afraid of watching it.

Best one I watched in the last 12 months was "Fleabag" from England. A kind of "Bridget Jones", but for intelligent people...

PS Oh by the way....
    For those who love high quality humor, "QI" starts again tonight on BBC TWO. Sandy Toksvic, a truly brilliant female comedian is taking over from Stephen Fry... and when is the new "Top Gear" taking off, anyone know?

8. ambidav

ambidav MDL Guru

May 14, 2008
    I stopped watching tv 2 years ago!! its all brainwashing programming sh*t throw it away..

9. Ming_the_Merciless

Ming_the_Merciless MDL Member

Feb 7, 2014
    I went from 1995-1998 without any TV. Quite painless really.

10. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
  11. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    lol.
    no exceptions, @katzenfreund, you sit down and your evening is gone forever, with nothing to show for it..
    been without tv since 2012, and missed nothing to speak off.

12. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    nodnar! :hug2:

I totally agree. I don't own a TV. Don't need the huge bill for 1000 TV channels that I don't watch.

Plus I'm too busy building and tinkering. ;)

13. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    I also have to say I'd be of less efforts to post what can be watched at all.:)
    My TV is actually used as a monitor for my media server :D. I rather listen to music at evening....or watch specifically chosen broadcasts....or learn new stuff or do my 'job' here.... :)

There's statistics which say every US American (average) has watched TV 15 complete years of their life when they die..and this applies to Europeans as well....not me!
    I have better things to do than to kill time by watching TV, lol.

14. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    TV can be good if you choose what to watch, but you can get most of the valuable stuff elsewhere like youtube.

15. JFKI

JFKI MDL Expert

Oct 25, 2015
    Which is fine if you wish to watch crappy commercials... I chose not to back in the early 90's.

16. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    Yes it is as simple as that.

On my computer, which is connected to a big screen TV, I can watch every TV program I choose to in every language I speak and it costs no more than my VPN. I watch about two TV shows a day, usually from the BBC, but the germans also offer great theater/opera and they also occasionally offer political or science background programs

If you simply sit down in front of a TV and switch it on and watch whatever they happen to offer.... then I am afraid it will not make you stupid, you already were an idiot before.
    And as some here state, why do you need to be judgemental about watching TV in the first place? So instead of doing that you spend your evening studying classical Greek or Quantium Physics?

And whatever extremely valuable stuff you do instead of watching TV, you will be able to take it with you when you die? Simply enjoying your life is a sin? You are philistines...

17. jsalpha2

jsalpha2 MDL Novice

May 16, 2015
    The worst show ever has to be "Chrispy Knows Best"

18. wazzock

wazzock MDL Senior Member

Oct 22, 2016
    I havnt had a tv for 10 years. My yearly dvd budget is what a yearly tv license costs, about 150quid. I get to choose the crap i watch now :D

19. Ming_the_Merciless

Ming_the_Merciless MDL Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Pray tell, how do you locate the "valuable stuff"? YouTube stats site declares 300 hours of video is uploaded every minute! ("There has to be a pony in here somewhere!")