Would Daz's loader work?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Fox201, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Fox201

Fox201 MDL Novice

Aug 5, 2011
    Would the Daz Loader work to activate Windows 8 in theory? I've heard about Microsoft working on the Windows Activation OA 3.0, which supposedly would make it more difficult to crack. Could Daz just eventually work around that and make a crack compatible with 8? I'm really curious to see what M$ will do to prevent OEM loaders and BIOS mods.:confused:

2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    The loader is no crack. It mimics the conditions of a OA2.1 specification.
    I am afraid there is no answer of your question yet.
    Could you live with an activation in theory? I guess not, you need a real activation. OA3.0 and its specifications are still under NDA

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Nawzil

Nawzil MDL Guru

Jun 18, 2011
    I tried Daz's Loader on Windows 8 in Windows 7 compatibility mode, but it does not activate Windows 8.

4. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    :rofl:

How could it? Same would be to try to activate XP with it...

We had a version step OA1.0 to OA2.0 from xp to Vista. Activation changed completely from a string to be verified to a complete ACPITable and OEMID's. Then from OA2.0 to OA2.1 only a minor change (marker)....
    Now we are waiting for OA3.0..another major change!
    even though somebody told me it will be another ACPITable related activation.......probably with more checks......

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Nawzil

Nawzil MDL Guru

Jun 18, 2011
    Yen, I knew Daz's loader will not work. But I just wanted to try it because canouna said it will crash Windows 8. But it did not. I just wanted to make sure of this.

6. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    Windows Loader will work if Daz make a engine for OA3.0 SLIC Emulation, it depends on the genuine leaked SLICs, Keys and Certs for full activation and validation ;

We don't know how it will be the new activation system prior to launch new methods via activation patch [modding system files], MAK or Beta keys ;)