Would This batch of windows 8 go the longhorn way?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by kingof69ng, Apr 26, 2011.

1. kingof69ng

kingof69ng MDL Member

Apr 20, 2011
    This is my first time being this deep involved with leaks and such but do you think m$ would go the same route as Longhorn?:confused:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. jyaniv

jyaniv MDL Junior Member

Apr 25, 2011
    What do you mean?

3. kingof69ng

kingof69ng MDL Member

Apr 20, 2011
    #3 kingof69ng, Apr 26, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
    (OP)
    i mean
    its just a thought but would M$ call it quits on this like they did on longhorn?
    dont get me wrong it's shaping out to be a good OS but its not that different from 7. all these new features could be added in a hefty servicepack minus the new guis.

Well, i'm calling it a night got a long walk home today. you guys think bout if m$ would do this and ill get back online tomorrow morn.
    GN

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. jyaniv

jyaniv MDL Junior Member

Apr 25, 2011
    If you are implying Windows 8 is another Vista, you are wrong :)

5. kingof69ng

kingof69ng MDL Member

Apr 20, 2011
    not implying that at all. oh no no no..

just a thought that hit me. it'd be amazing to see if the community would take it upon themselves to finish once again what M$ started.

6. Spider-Vice

Spider-Vice MDL Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Honestly I'm having the same thoughts, sometimes leaks might demotivate MS from doing more... Longhorn also leaked like hell I think and hey, MS reset its development. Hope it won't happen with Windows 8.

7. ElPaso

ElPaso MDL Novice

Apr 25, 2011
    well developpement of vista was a huge mess, but not because of leaks! i'm 100% sure it will ship in time!

8. kingof69ng

kingof69ng MDL Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Either way i always prefered longhorn reloaded over vista even if it was buggy i only changed when 7 leaked. XD ahh memories. lol
    I really hope this does ship 100%
    and another thing i really doubt it would hurt M$'s sales if this was cracked. i mean its not exactly insanely hard to do. just a bit of tinkering and what not.