X-Fi modded drivers - testing reports

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by daniel_k, May 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daniel_k

daniel_k MDL Member

Jan 21, 2019
    #1 daniel_k, May 10, 2021
    Last edited: May 15, 2021
    I've decided to keep the tests private and publish the drivers when they're ready.
    Thanks everyone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. daniel_k

daniel_k MDL Member

Jan 21, 2019
    #2 daniel_k, May 11, 2021
    Last edited: May 15, 2021
    (OP)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. krisztian1

krisztian1 MDL Novice

Jan 3, 2017
    Hi there. Nice works. I'm using an Xfi titanium sb0880 soundcard with your 5.0 supportpack. Sometimes my logitech z906 is dropping the dolby signal. I'm using a toslink cable(fiber optic).
    Which is the best driver for it? I want to keep the dolby encoder.

4. guily6669

guily6669 MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2015
    Can this work for Auzentech X-Fi Forte 7.1 PCIe on latest windows 10 version? And if yes, is CMSS-3D option working???

I have been trying to reach you for many time Daniel. I wouldn't even mind paying for a full working driver with all features for latest windows 10 version (Creative already made new drivers for latest wind10 versions compatibility for their sound cards).

Also my microphone input on this sound card doesnt work for like 2 years, do you know anything about it? (Though I'm almost sure the sound card simply went kaput on the microphone input as it started by making noise until it went completely dead :().

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT in making my expensive sound card bought in 2011 to work all this time
    guily

5. daniel_k

daniel_k MDL Member

Jan 21, 2019
    Hi,

I don't use the optical output and (still) don't have a cable long enough to test it here.
    Try 2.40.0027 and 2.16.0008.

6. daniel_k

daniel_k MDL Member

Jan 21, 2019
    CMSS-3D went missing after a driver update from Auzentech?

Please try the driver I've just released.
    If CMSS3D still doesn't work, I have an idea about a possible fix.

Probably a capacitor in the Mic input may have died.

7. guily6669

guily6669 MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2015
    #7 guily6669, May 11, 2021
    Last edited: May 11, 2021
    No, I was just asking because while you weren't around community made a workaround for your drivers for Auzentech but missed CMSS-3D...

Just checked your drivers and finally could update windows which I couldn't for years (was on 1809) because of the sound drivers. Finally no more windows update blocking which was pissing me up.

Seem to be fully working
    including CMSS:eek:. Also can you bring latest creative fixes to Auzentech X-Fi Forte 7.1??

PS: where's your paypal donation??????
    THANK YOU SO MUCH:cool::eek::cool:

Might be, will have to check, however I'm also thinking if the op-amp is going bad...

But anyway the sound output is fully working in 5.1 for my speakers and I was saving money for a new creative sound card, you literally saved me 150€ for a AE-5 and saved once again my still working Auzentech.

8. daniel_k

daniel_k MDL Member

Jan 21, 2019
    Glad to know it works now.

The mixer issue was easy to spot and fix, but the settings not being saved sadly I cannot port because there are way too many changes.
    Anyway, I've just tested a better workaround to save settings: instead of shutting down, hibernating or putting your system to sleep, just disable your X-Fi and re-enable it.

I'm not here for the money, although really appreciate your willingness to donate.

9. guily6669

guily6669 MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2015
    About the setting save, it doesnt bother me a single bit, I just press once suspend, instantly go to windows and it's saved 4 ever then I can play, restart or shutdown settings will always be saved, nothing important just doing 1 click on suspend button after setting up the software...
    You literally saved me around 150€ and I have been for like 2 years always thinking to buy a new sound card and never bought it.

SO YES I NEED TO DONATE AT LEAST A LITTLE BIT OF SOMETHING. Can you please put your paypal on this thread for donations or at least send me your paypal info as private message (can't donate much as I don't have much in it, but I really MUST at least buy you a beer :cool:).

10. daniel_k

daniel_k MDL Member

Jan 21, 2019
    Mind to tell me your system specs and for what you use your X-Fi? Gaming?

By the way, Auzentech X-Fi drivers don't have bugs in OpenAL or ASIO.

11. guily6669

guily6669 MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2015
    #11 guily6669, May 12, 2021
    Last edited: May 12, 2021
    It's a old PC, never had money to update it and now prices are kaput...

- Asus Sabertooth P67;
    - I7 2600K OC to 4.9ghz;
    - 12GB G.skill DDR3 2133mhz at that clocks;
    - 128GB SSD for OS + Asus Strix RX480 OC flashed to Strix RX580 OC.

I use the Auzentech X-Fi forte 7.1 specially for gaming, my onboard sound card after like 45% vol makes scratches and is low amplification.

I have Logitech Z5500 and it sounds miles better with the Auzentech, bass redirection crossover at 80hz, 5.1 with CMSS Stereo (2nd option) for music making all speakers to play the music without added fake effects, crystalizer On and 60% treble...

I didn't test much, just tried Hell Let Loose game and music on YouTube and was playing fine on all speakers with this drivers and tested basic features like effects and crystalizer...

Ps: you should put the PayPal donation on this thread too for who wants to donate...

12. Mpampis1

Mpampis1 MDL Novice

May 11, 2021
    I have three cards:
    X fi titanium pcie sb880
    Xfi gamer pci sb0730
    X-fi xtreme audio sb0790

The third card is pure software with host openal.

First the of all the x-fi titanium pcie has broken openal because some effects dissapear in some openal games overtime .
    Second with sb0730 and sb880 if i use alchemy to enable eax in direct sound games i don't take better sounds effects. It is simply don't work because you can enable eax in game but the game sounds the same.

The X-fi xtreme audio works ,open al sounds as indented and also alchemy works.

For example dungeon siege with x fi xtreme audio has proper eax effects but x-fi extreme gamer not.

So even if you fix some bugs theese cards dont work anymore.
    Also you alter the certificate so secure boot is no option anymore.

Also i would like from you to make an updated packet for the sb0790 with more Updated shared components.

13. kitkat00

kitkat00 MDL Novice

Apr 19, 2018
    Just to thank you Daniel as i'm an HometheaterHD user and was trapped to stay on 1909 (Auzen HTHD isn't supported by ALSA on Linux).

I uninstall all and install it back yesterday and all is smooth. I notice that i can't use THX console but it doesn't matter for me as i'm running audio creation mode and bit perfect all the time.

Good to see you're still in the game for us ! Cheers ! :)

14. daniel_k

daniel_k MDL Member

Jan 21, 2019
    #14 daniel_k, May 12, 2021
    Last edited: May 12, 2021
    (OP)
    There is a workaround to use the modified drivers with Secure Boot enabled, just added it to the first post.

Regarding ALchemy, I'll test it later.
    As it is a wrapper to ct_oal.dll, if OpenAL works, it should work too.

About drivers for other cards, will think about it.

15. hugomoya

hugomoya MDL Novice

May 13, 2021
    #15 hugomoya, May 13, 2021
    Last edited: May 14, 2021
    "These should be my last batch of modded X-Fi drivers ever" :fear2::eek_yello::weep::weeping:

SB X-Fi Titanium PCI-E (SB0880) owner!!

Thanks for your great job Daniel, best regards!!!

16. Tobse

Tobse MDL Novice

May 11, 2021
    Thanks for the drivers for one of the best sound cards

Have a X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty

What is the correct driver for it?

- X-Fi Titanium PCIe (Retail/OEM SB088x)
    - X-Fi Titanium PCIe (Retail/OEM SB088x, OEM SB096x, Onkyo Wavio SE-300PCIE R1/R2 and Gigabyte G1.Sniper 1/2 and G1.Assassin 1/2)

17. LDeacon

LDeacon MDL Novice

Aug 3, 2009
    Hey no luck here using a G1 Sniper. I'm getting 'device cannot start'.
    But I have been using a modded inf for a couple of years I done that works, can't remember what I added for my device id. Will this help? Thanks

pastebin.com/XFRYuBUC

18. hugomoya

hugomoya MDL Novice

May 13, 2021
    Hello, mi card is SB X-Fi Titanium PCI-E (SB0880) with metal cover and Fatal1ty logo in red.
    I used X-Fi Titanium PCIe (Retail/OEM SB088x) 2.40.0027 and it works perfect. Uninstalling first de Audio Drivers included in SB X-Fi Series Support Pack 5.0.
    I have Windows 10 Pro 20H2, with 2021-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64.
    Best regards!

19. guily6669

guily6669 MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2015
    Didn't creative actually updated most of their sound cards for latest version of Windows 10?

20. daniel_k

daniel_k MDL Member

Jan 21, 2019
    #20 daniel_k, May 14, 2021
    Last edited: May 14, 2021
    (OP)
    @Tobse
    Try 2.40.0027

@LDeacon
    Try 2.16.0008

@guily6669
    Yes, they did, but OpenAL and ASIO are broken, my driver fixes both.

I've updated the original post to make it easier to understand (hopefully).