X264 Playback in vista

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by poedoom, Nov 7, 2007.

1. poedoom

poedoom MDL Junior Member

Sep 15, 2007
    hi folks i have a problem had it for months now and ran out of ideas to solve it,
    when i grab my favourite tv series in x264(mainly mkv files) i have nothing but playback trouble everything i watch has a load of grain in it, ive tried every player and codec pack on the planet and the problem is not just my 42" toshiba flat screen(1080p) but also get the same problem on my monitor which has a native resoloution of 1680x1050 so i cant blame my tv or cable going to my tv which i spent over 120 pound on :( im a big fan of the vista codec packs but have tried every codec pack and player out and i cant see it being my hardware as i have a 8800gtx oc2 and i had the same problem on my older card a 8800 gts, and even viewing the tranformers movie recently
    (over 25 gig hd_dvd) was grainy as hell, im running vista 64 its all upto date and have even backward engineered the beta sp1 and slipstreamed it but same result so im running out of things to blame please help b4 my head explodes lol, would be thankfull for any input ive spent thousands on me pc and entertainment for my:confused: house and i am very dissapointed