x64 compatibility issue

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by tweetatoo, Dec 31, 2009.

1. tweetatoo

tweetatoo MDL Novice

Sep 15, 2009
    Hello all!

I have Windows 7 x64 bit version installed and it is working fine.
    I tried to install a 32-bit program that is very important, not only to me, but to all other medical students. The installer does not open and a message pops up implying that this setup is not compatible with the version of OS I have.

I need help please ... is there any possible method to install x86 apps without such problems?

Thanks.

2. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Alot of 32bit applications work just fine on 64bit systens. However not all will be supported. Might be worth right clicking the installer icon and selecting troubleshoot compatibillity. If this does not work then i guess you will need to find a 64bit version of the program in question. :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Or you could use the XP Mode for it

sebus

4. PrEzi

PrEzi MDL Addicted

Aug 23, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    bitch to the people that make the software that is the only way it will change. Like others have said try installing in compatibility modes but if the installer is hard coded to not work on a 64-bit system then you will need a virtual environment.

6. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007